Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Sprint has updated the PRL from 60654 to 60655. I think my signal is worse now.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    thanks for pointing out the update. Noy seeing much change on. My end.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My shows 60652! Is it an over the air update or manual? Phone updates shows phone is up to date.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Just pull up your phone and then go to preferences. There is an option to update PRL. Click on this and your phone will update.
    Quote Originally Posted by lelalouf View Post
    My shows 60652! Is it an over the air update or manual? Phone updates shows phone is up to date.
    open dialer go > swipe upper left down>go to preferances>update prl.
    Noob question here..

what exactly is the PRL related to? Signal strength..pinpointing location..?
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    Noob question here..

what exactly is the PRL related to? Signal strength..pinpointing location..?
    It's basically a list of towers that Sprint has agreements to roam on to. It may improve your signal.
    Just did the update....looks a little stronger, but I havent had reception issues anyway.

Edit: I now have consistent full bars in my office when before I was only getting 3-4.
    Last edited by titansluvpre; 10/23/2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    ive got terrible reception issues and im on the phone with sprint now. one tech support tells me that my pre wont work in my area cause the evdo signal needs to be extremely good. im so frustrated that i can not have a conversation in my home ( yes i have airave too ) i never had these issues before pre
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Just did the update....looks a little stronger, but I havent had reception issues anyway.

Edit: I now have consistent full bars in my office when before I was only getting 3-4.
    Honestly, probably placebo effect. Unless you're on the edge of coverage or need to roam a lot, an updated PRL won't do much.

That being said, I still update mine all the time, just in case, but it doesn't really do much.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt View Post
    ive got terrible reception issues and im on the phone with sprint now. one tech support tells me that my pre wont work in my area cause the evdo signal needs to be extremely good. im so frustrated that i can not have a conversation in my home ( yes i have airave too ) i never had these issues before pre
    If you have an airwave and you are still getting bad reception than something is wrong with your airwave.

Also, the PRL is really only for roaming. If you are not roaming than a PRL update will not effect you. If you are getting weaker signal after updating but you are not roaming, than that is your imagination. If you are roaming but get a weaker signal after the update than a tower near you was removed from the list for what ever reason. If you are not roaming but get a better signal, than that is also your imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Also, the PRL is really only for roaming.
    They should call it the preferred roaming list, then, to avoid confusion. Wait, you mean they already do? Oh. Carry on.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Once I've updated both the Network Settings and the PRL, Newtowrk Settings will have a checkmark saying "Updated" but the PRL update goes through the motions but still shows the option to "Update PRL". Did this update and it just still shows the option to update, or is something wrong?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    If you have an airwave and you are still getting bad reception than something is wrong with your airwave.

Also, the PRL is really only for roaming. If you are not roaming than a PRL update will not effect you. If you are getting weaker signal after updating but you are not roaming, than that is your imagination. If you are roaming but get a weaker signal after the update than a tower near you was removed from the list for what ever reason. If you are not roaming but get a better signal, than that is also your imagination.
    what can be wrong with the airave and how can i test this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Honestly, probably placebo effect. Unless you're on the edge of coverage or need to roam a lot, an updated PRL won't do much.

That being said, I still update mine all the time, just in case, but it doesn't really do much.
    Nah it isnt a placebo...I work in telecom office, with countless equipment, frequencies, and interference. So I constantly know how my signal is. Before the last update(1.2) my PRE was always near max strength and went down to 3-4 bars(Never hitting max) after the update.

Now I am seeing a flux of 4-5(Max) with a more consistent 5 now.

Trust me I know how the signal is in my office...my old Touch was lucky to get 1-2 bars on EV all day.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt View Post
    what can be wrong with the airave and how can i test this?
    Dunno but you should be getting full bars in your house if you have an airwave. Unless it's severly being obstructed by thick walls or other signals in the home. Moving it around to see if you can get better reception would be one way to test it. Aside from that, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    Once I've updated both the Network Settings and the PRL, Newtowrk Settings will have a checkmark saying "Updated" but the PRL update goes through the motions but still shows the option to "Update PRL". Did this update and it just still shows the option to update, or is something wrong?
    it always shows the option.

unlike the update app, it does not check for updates when first opened. infact you could hit that button and it will say updating even if there is nothing to update to. the only way to tell is in your device info under PRL, if it changes then it has updated.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Thanks windzilla...............
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Nah it isnt a placebo...I work in telecom office, with countless equipment, frequencies, and interference. So I constantly know how my signal is. Before the last update(1.2) my PRE was always near max strength and went down to 3-4 bars(Never hitting max) after the update.

Now I am seeing a flux of 4-5(Max) with a more consistent 5 now.

Trust me I know how the signal is in my office...my old Touch was lucky to get 1-2 bars on EV all day.
    Yes, your right and the definition is wrong. You should consider rewriting the definition so people are not confused with what a "prefered roaming list" is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast