Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now some of you have had your Pre's for a while can you please post up what sort of battery life your getting. Thanks G.
    I've been using the battery app for a couple of days but kept forgetting to get some screen shots. I did note down the stats though they are;

Initial - 98
    Current - 14
    Runtime - 12h32m7s
    Drain - 6.70
    Remaining - 2.09

Initial - 100
    Current - 18
    Runtime - 15h7m46s
    Drain - 5.42
    Remaining - 3.32

So far today we've got

Initial - 98
    Current - 84
    Runtime 2h36m14s
    Drain - 5.38
    Remaining - 15.62
    it does run down fast, yesterday it went from 100 to 40%, however i didn't charge it yesterday, and this morning its at 33%

bare in mind that yesterday was the first day i had the device too
    I was starting to get what I'd call 'decent' battery life and then I reinstalled WebOS and it's gone to **** again. I'll give it a few more days to see if it gets back to where it was.
    Battery lifes ok for me, thats because its due to heavy use and touchstoning the rest of the time, so cant really say, but it drains pretty fast with general use tbh, 1.2/1.3 update should give slightly better battery life however.
    It runs out very quick for me too.
    Usually I need to charge twice a day. But I must say I'm a rather heavy user (wifi, couple of email accounts, Gtalk, a few calls a day etc).
    On the other hand this is why I got my Pre to enjoy all its feature. Right now I often look "nervously" at battery indicator which takes all joy away...

BTW I have a question:
    I often leave my Pre connected to standard charger overnight so that in the morning I start with 100% battery and can run through most of the day. Can this be somehow harmful to battery (leaving it charging all night)?
    Grrrr. Down to 29% after taking it off the touchstone at 9am. I have had Spaz running but this pretty poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by zagor View Post
    It runs out very quick for me too.
    Usually I need to charge twice a day. But I must say I'm a rather heavy user (wifi, couple of email accounts, Gtalk, a few calls a day etc).
    On the other hand this is why I got my Pre to enjoy all its feature. Right now I often look "nervously" at battery indicator which takes all joy away...

BTW I have a question:
    I often leave my Pre connected to standard charger overnight so that in the morning I start with 100% battery and can run through most of the day. Can this be somehow harmful to battery (leaving it charging all night)?
    Wouldnt be anymore harmful then leaving in on touchstone i guess.

I leave it on all night, im guessing the Pre stops charging when it reaches 100% so no it does not do any harm (Charging by usb is quicker then touchstone btw).

Urgh, battery life is bad =P. Whats the point of having a slick OS and awesome browser when battery lifes taking a kill in the process.
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 10/23/2009 at 10:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Without push email on I get 2 days out of mine. It is pretty much the same as my old touch pro. Still conditioning mine thought, so running it down to 0% then charging to 100% each time.
    Would it help to change theme to some dark-ish? I have read that white colour "consume" most energy. And most standard apps like email/www etc have white background.
    I like Preware dark theme, but I'm not sure if there is some similar theme for whole Pre.
    I'll need to use the battery app to track things but it has not been great thus far although that can be explained by my constant 'new toy tinkering' and the battery needing a few additional cycles to hit top form.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by leowyatt View Post
    I've been using the battery app for a couple of days but kept forgetting to get some screen shots. I did note down the stats though they are;

Initial - 98
    Current - 14
    Runtime - 12h32m7s
    Drain - 6.70
    Remaining - 2.09

Initial - 100
    Current - 18
    Runtime - 15h7m46s
    Drain - 5.42
    Remaining - 3.32

So far today we've got

Initial - 98
    Current - 84
    Runtime 2h36m14s
    Drain - 5.38
    Remaining - 15.62
    Sorry to hijack the question, but is it the Battery Monitor v1.0.0 you are using? This won't install for me. What version is your OS?
    Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Sorry to hijack the question, but is it the Battery Monitor v1.0.0 you are using? This won't install for me. What version is your OS?
    Thanks
    Vas
    I'm running 1.1.3. I installed it through preware and have had no trouble. How are you trying to instal it?
    Quote Originally Posted by leowyatt View Post
    I'm running 1.1.3. I installed it through preware and have had no trouble. How are you trying to instal it?
    I have 1.1.3 too. I tried installing it via Preware as well. I nteresting I just retried and it worked fine. This is very bizarre. But hey it works and I will comment back to your thread.

However generally speaking my battery life is okish. If I don't spend hours on the web, 1 daily charge serves me fine to last me all day making a few calls and sms's. However I am considering getting a 2nd touchstone for my office and possibly a spare battery.
    I just bought a seido 1350mA battery off ebay. I'll let you know what I think when i've used it for a few days.
    Please do. I have been looking at them but I was waiting to see how the stock battery performs and until the postmen man up.

I charged mine up for 9 hours when I first got, which is what the guy in the o2 store suggested, how else is best to condition the battery? My experience has varied from 1 to 2 days without needing a charge. The one day was a good 24 hours and in that I had google maps open for 3 hours, played sudoku for 45 mins and made a call and used the web as well as general playing and installing apps as I had not long had the phone. As I sit here the phone is on 51% at 2.30am, I unplugged it from charging at 2pm. Not done much on it other than playing, made a few calls and checked webmail once, along with a ton of texts.

I am also really interested in the extended battery, I am happy with what I am getting at the moment but I think the more battery time the better, especially if you end up crashing at a mates house or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I have 1.1.3 too. I tried installing it via Preware as well. I nteresting I just retried and it worked fine. This is very bizarre. But hey it works and I will comment back to your thread.
    Glad you got it installed. I've had odd behavior with preware and apps not installing then all of a sudden they do :/

Well I charge me Pre last night and took it off the charger at 100%. It's been running over night and here are the stats:

Initial - 100%
    Current - 78%
    Runtime - 10h17m23s
    Drain per hour - 2.14
    Remaining Life - 36.48
    In one word, 'terrible'.

I have screen brightness at about 30%, GPS services off, no cards open, email every 30 minutes, and I have to charge twice a day with normal use.

Last night I did a test. After a reboot, my battery levels dropped as follows:

23:25 - 64%
    23:36 - 63%
    00:00 - 60%
    00:15 - 58%

I didn't use the phone other than 2 seconds to turn it on and check battery. So I lost 6% battery in 50 minutes. This gives an estimated full charge as 13 hours of standby if I don't use the phone at all, and that's in an area with good signal. I have 3 bars of 3G coverage and it's pretty consistent as I can see the cell tower from my house, so no battery issues there.

This means I cannot charge my phone, go to my girlfriend's for a meal and stay over and rely on my phone's alarm clock to wake me up the next day.

If I make a phonecall at work, my battery will be dead before I get home at the end of the day.

If I listen to music, it drops at about 5% per track, so 20 songs and my phone is dead.

On this basis, I cannot recommend a Pre to anyone, as it isn't really fit to be sold as a 'mobile telephone' if you have to hang around a mains outlet and carry a charger to use it normally.
    Considering your experience is nothing like the rest of ours either your usage far exceeds us (in which case get a spare or extended battery) or you simply have a bad battery and should get it replaced. Simple. There was also no need for your last section.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast