Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    So after a few days, would you say theres been any real improvement over the original battery or do they seem the same?
    I would say improvement over original, but note that I didn't condition the original battery
    Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
    Martin Golding
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I got about a day of normal use out of my US Pre. I've now switched to a UK Pre and so far the battery has been great!

I'm currently in the US, so instead of data I have wifi on most of the time. I took it off the charger at around 2pm yesterday, it's now at 62% at 4pm today..! We'll see how it goes when I start using 3G at home.
    My Pre has now been on for just shy of 40 hours and it is sitting at 24%.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    My Pre has now been on for just shy of 40 hours and it is sitting at 24%.
    With normal usage? Seems like the GSM Pre's battery life is a lot better than the CDMA's!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    With normal usage? Seems like the GSM Pre's battery life is a lot better than the CDMA's!
    ya I think so too ,also I have'nt faced the OREO problems the CDMA guys are talking about. Seems like in the 4 months (June to October ) the PRE took to cross the great Lake , some major issues have been fixed or so I think cos I am using my pre for a month now and so long its as good as new .

Chander
    With Push Gmail, Wifi on and reasonable strength 3G signals, I am getting about 15% battery drain per hour
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    With Push Gmail, Wifi on and reasonable strength 3G signals, I am getting about 15% battery drain per hour
    Yikes.....with Gmail push on, wifi off and just using GPRS I am only seeing a battery drop of around 3% per hour. Mind you, that is with the Seido 1350battery
    It's the 3g I suspect. Might have to switch to 2g to save juice on the go.
    Wish someone would come up with a shortcut toggle.
    My Palm Pre lasts about 12-13 hours. I have two Exchange push accounts, gmail, GPS on, WiFi on. Bluetooth is off.
    If you want more battery life, disable 3G!!! I don't really see a benefit from having 3G always on. 2G works ok for reading emails. If you want to browse the internet then you can always turn on 3G back again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Roughly...

Music - 40 mins
    Internet - 30 mins
    Calls - 50 mins
    GPS - 10 mins
    Texts - 15 mins
    Email - 10 mins (I get email from 5 accounts hourly)
    IM - 5 mins

It was on 3G, briefly on BT for some of the calls and without Wifi for the duration.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and the last couple of days the battery has suddenly improved a lot. Maybe because I'm playing less?
    With BT and GPS off I usually still have about 35% left at 10 at night afte taking it off of the charger at 6 in the morning.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    compared to my old phones battery life sucks,however i wouldn't swap it 4 all the tea in china.we are on the crest of a wave,people lets just ride it out and see where it takes us
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Today was the day!

I got my Pre on Monday 9th November and every day since then, the battery life has been appalling. I rarely got more than 3 hours away from the charger, the battery was always warm and I really wasn't getting up to much, e.g. maybe 20 emails day, few appointments, contacts etc.

But today, as of 4.55 pm, I still have 62%. I don't know what's changed - perhaps it finally got everything synced up but let's hope this pattern continues.

So if you have poor battery life, you need to stick it out for nearly ten days before you are rewarded!

Andrew
    i am getting very poor battery... 10 % / hour..... need to wait for 2 weeks and see.......

BTW how to disable 3G and get onto 2G???? i see toggle to switch off data but i didnt find any option or toggle to switch to 2G, TIA
    My battery is pretty good, still need to charge everyday but I get to 9-10pm with about 20% and no charging during the day (off touchstone around 8am).

Quote Originally Posted by chowdarygm View Post
    i am getting very poor battery... 10 % / hour..... need to wait for 2 weeks and see.......

BTW how to disable 3G and get onto 2G???? i see toggle to switch off data but i didnt find any option or toggle to switch to 2G, TIA
    In the Phone App, touch the drop down in the top left, then preferences, then in 'Network' you should have a 'Network Type' option, that can be 2g, 3g or Auto.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    My battery is pretty good, still need to charge everyday but I get to 9-10pm with about 20% and no charging during the day (off touchstone around 8am).

In the Phone App, touch the drop down in the top left, then preferences, then in 'Network' you should have a 'Network Type' option, that can be 2g, 3g or Auto.
    I can toggle between 3G and 2G as per the above steps, but where can I just turn 3G off (in a bid to save battery juice) ? I've seen it posted multiple times already but can't find via search...
    i think battery improves after some charges at least mine is working better now than when i bounght it
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    I can toggle between 3G and 2G as per the above steps, but where can I just turn 3G off (in a bid to save battery juice) ? I've seen it posted multiple times already but can't find via search...
    I can only find it in the general Pre forum, with people on 1.3.1 - talking about turning data off. Also seen posts that indicate you can turn data off with a patch. Surely you can do it on 1.1.3 standard?

I've lost 16% in 180min (3hours) - so if anyone can tell me where I can turn 3G off [its constantly showing in the top bar], that'd be really appreciated.
    I can only find it in the general Pre forum, with people on 1.3.1 - talking about turning data off. Also seen posts that indicate you can turn data off with a patch. Surely you can do it on 1.1.3 standard?

I've lost 16% in 180min (3hours) - so if anyone can tell me where I can turn 3G off [its constantly showing in the top bar], that'd be really appreciated.
    please find it here
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComingIn
    the Phone App, touch the drop down in the top left, then preferences, then in 'Network' you should have a 'Network Type' option, that can be 2g, 3g or Auto.
    my battery life improved 1.7 % / hour drop after turning the 3G off and in overnight it dropped only 6% compared to 50% drop on the second night .........
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    please find it here

my battery life improved 1.7 % / hour drop after turning the 3G off and in overnight it dropped only 6% compared to 50% drop on the second night .........
    Thanks, but as stated:...
    ...all I can see under NETWORKS, AUTOMATIC is how to toggle between 2G, 3G and Automatic. What about 'OFF' ?

...and the first field for NETWORK AUTO-SELECT, well that is stuck to 'ON' - when I try to slide to OFF I get the msg: " Unable to perform network search because data is active".

Ideas please?

EDIT:

Scrap that, just saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    1.1.3 don't alow to switch of the data and I haven't unlimited trafic...
    I thought it was possible though....
    Last edited by c_man; 11/20/2009 at 11:28 AM.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast