1.    #1  
    I dont have the palm pre usb cable but i have one that fits on my phone but i cant get it to sync to my computer... So do i have have to have the palm pre one or is there something i can download to make it work? I try to use companionlink for webOS usb but it says please connect your palm pre to your computer an try again.... plz help
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have CL USB sync and I'm using a cable I got in Best Buy with no problems. I got an extra one because it was a pain unplugging the cable from my touchstone every time I wanted to sync. Do you have the latest version of sync? Run the setup app and check in the drop down for help then about, it should be Version 3.0 (Build 3078) They (companion link) put out a patch not too long ago that solved quite a few issues. Just as a double check thougth you don't have the cable that came with the phone that plugs into the charger? You should try that too if you have it. It would not hurt to give them a call too. When I had issues they were very helpful in getting everything fixed.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Skiefer07 - Any standard MicroUSB cable should work. One way to check the cable is to see if the Pre gets charged using the cable.

If your phone charges ok, then check to see if it connects in USB Drive Mode. To do this, connect your Pre to your PC using the cable. On the Pre it should pop up some options. Select "USB Drive". Then on your PC select My Computer and see if the Pre is present on the drive list. If it doesn't show, or there is an error, then it's likely to be a Windows Driver error. To clear this, while the pre is connected, go to device manager and delete the USB Connection and let the hardware re-add it.

CompanionLink Technical support can help you with this. It's free. Call (503)243-5200 between 7am and 4pm Pacific Time (10am and 7pm Eastern Time).

Wayland Bruns. CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com
  4.    #4  
    Ok i have tried everything i thank an still no luck! I keep looking an looking for ways but i cant find any! i guess i going to call it as a lose...... but it does show i am getting a charge on the battery so i dont know....
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Did you call CL? When I called they had me send a log file that was generated. That way they can see exactly what's going on. Like I said they were extremely helpful, they called ME twice to help out after we got the ball rolling. It took a little bit but they did resolve my issue. It's working fine for me at this point.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have a bunch of cables from different sources. Two of them will charge the unit but not connect as USB or Media. So it could be the pinout or defective crap from overseas. The original cable works fine.
    I can't get CL USB SYNC to install onto my pixi???? Any ideas? The app store says downloaded, then it goes into install mode - like for 2 hours!!!! PLEASE help anyone who has ideas. I'm ready to throw the stupid phone against the wall!