Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Why is Palm still running the same weird/boring commercial with that spaced-out chick? It's more like an ad for a feminine hygiene product than an advanced smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Why is Palm still running the same weird/boring commercial with that spaced-out chick? It's more like an ad for a feminine hygiene product than an advanced smartphone.
    I haven't even seen it yet. Granted, I don't watch a whole lot of TV with commercials -- just sports; other TV shows I watch recorded, sans commercials -- but I've still seen the 'iDon't/DroidDoes' commercial a thousand times, the MyTouch3G commercial a thousand times... and no Pre commercials. Guess they aren't figuring it plays well to the demographics watching sporting events (NFL and MLB)?

I've heard about the commercial on the forums, and no one seems impressed. That's too bad. Hope they come out with more and push it harder.

/Kevin
    Yeah, it makes me wonder how they could develop such a fantastic device but drop the ball so bad in marketing it. It's almost like that don't want the masses to know details about the Pre...weird.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    so true
    People are talking about it, so I guess it's working.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

If they made commercials like the "Meet My Palm Pre" segments from Canada, then they would be more effective and actually showcase the advantages of the Pre.
    If only Palm advertised like Nokia:

Instead, we get Prozac Girl...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Yeah, it makes me wonder how they could develop such a fantastic device but drop the ball so bad in marketing it. It's almost like that don't want the masses to know details about the Pre...weird.
    It's pretty much the same way they dropped the ball on the calendar, txt fwd, notification nags, customization and functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    People are talking about it, so I guess it's working.
    People on precentral? I'd hope so.

From my experience with nontechies, they do know about the Pre. They just have no clue what it does. I still get asked (on the rare occasion it's even brought up) if it has a browser like the iphone. Can you listen to music?
    Actually I can't recall the last time I have seen a Palm commercial on T.V. The last one I've seen is that dumb Sprint one with the Dunkin Dougnuts and that was a long time ago too.

I've seen the Hero commerical more.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Interesting perspective
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    The pre tv ads suck....a random dude off the street could design a better marketing campaign....why couldnt they just do some normal cellphone ads??...whats so difficult about that?