1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I just recieved my new pre today via the mail and i am pretty sure it is refurbed. I was wondering what you guys have seen in terms of build quality of that of the reburded pres compared to the new pres.

thanks in advance,

Krab19
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Mine has a little line of stuck pixels in the screen and what appears to be an under the surface crack toward the side. I also have battery shut off issues but its the same battery from my first one they refused to give me a new one. I've been dealing with it but I wanna throw it at the wall like four times a day.
    to check if its a refurb open dialer and type ##RTN# and under recondstatus it will say yes or no. i got a refurb and its got more oreo than my orig and this one has had a few random shutoffs even with the foam installed by palm
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    my refurb is a much better unit than my original. it has better access to fisrt row of keys (q-p) and has the rubber battery stopper to help with closing slider/shut off issue
    if it says no, does that mean its a refurb? I know mine is a refurb because it came in a Pre refurb box but it says no there. Also the build quality is great. No oreo or gaps. No dead pixels from what I can tell.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    did you get directly from Palm? I'm going to exchange mine because of the oreo. Its not bad but getting old to me.. especially since I seen the new palms with none.
    No OS issues though so that has me worried I exchange it out for a worse one.. but you get 15 days before you have to ship one back to Palm
    if it says no under recondstatus then it is not a refurb. also it should say n/a under reconddate
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I picked mine up at a Sprint Store. They just put my battery in it and off I went. How can I find the build date of my phone? I used to know how but forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I picked mine up at a Sprint Store. They just put my battery in it and off I went. How can I find the build date of my phone? I used to know how but forgot.
    ##RTN# and recondstatus will say if its been refurbished, reconddate (if it was refurb) will give you the date of recondition and all the way down warrantydatecode is the day the pre was originally made
    well that is bizarre since it was in a Pre refurb box. So I got a new phone. That's great but why was in a box that said refurbished Pre.
    cant really tell you about that one, did you get it from sprint or palm?? its possible they gave you a new pre but just put it in the refurb box since you didnt need all new accesories or they ran out of refurbs at the plant/time so you got a new one!! LUCKY
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    ##RTN# and recondstatus will say if its been refurbished, reconddate (if it was refurb) will give you the date of recondition and all the way down warrantydatecode is the day the pre was originally made
    Thats right. I haven't screwed around with those codes since June.
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    cant really tell you about that one, did you get it from sprint or palm?? its possible they gave you a new pre but just put it in the refurb box since you didnt need all new accesories or they ran out of refurbs at the plant/time so you got a new one!! LUCKY
    Well I had been in there twice over three days with a problem caused by the headset jack. They said they would have to order me one and it would arrive the next day. I figured that meant they were getting me a refurb since I assumed they probably had new ones in stock and wouldn't exchange one out for me. I guess I am lucky. Build quality really is better. The build date is 9/4/2009. This is good to know.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Same here, after a really bad oreo, headphone jack, and power button, I got a replacement that says it wasn't refurbed with a build date of 9/4/09. It's pretty tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Same here, after a really bad oreo, headphone jack, and power button, I got a replacement that says it wasn't refurbed with a build date of 9/4/09. It's pretty tight.
    I'm in the same club as well. My launch date pre had a few dead pixels and some serious discoloration at the bottom of the LCD, got a new one in a few days in a brand new box. About a week ago I went to my sprint store and was ordered a replacement again, this time for a crack from the USB port. Lucky me, the employees there are great. I was expecting a refurb this time, but I guess not. The pre even came in a brown box and when unpacked was in a small sprint box I beleive, about the size of a touchstone box with no accessories. Swapped out batteries saw the phone looked great and headed out. I checked the recon date when I got home and it is a new pre, warranty date is 9/04/09.
  16.    #16  
    no I have not gotten my pre from palm, I got it from bell. I am unable to cheque ifit is refurbed right now as I have to go in store to activate the phone which will be tomorrow. The only thing that is leading me to think that it is refurbed is the battery as it has an origin of japan.