1.    #1  
    I think this might be my first thread after lurking and a few posts here and there.

So I am wondering, I just started working at a large software company after almost 10 months without a job. I am a corporate recruiter, so we're some of the first to go when an company starts downsizing, let alone, stops hiring. It is a very good sign of the economy when us recruiters (and the headhunters) are not only back at work, but slammed with new reqs (jobs) to fill.

Why, I wonder, aren't venture capital firms stepping up to add cash to Palm to help with their resource needs, both software and hardware (though I know they farm that out)? They need manpower!

I know money is hard to come by these days, but at the end of the day, VCs are in the business to invest in businesses they believe in! Is it non-believers, or is Palm turning them away, or are they right where they want to be?

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Its this thing called dilution, when new owners buy into a firm and new shares are created, not just purchasing from prior owners. Elevation doesn't want to dilute more than necessary and I believe they had some secondary offerings so there should be some cash coming in.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Its this thing called dilution, when new owners buy into a firm and new shares are created, not just purchasing from prior owners. Elevation doesn't want to dilute more than necessary and I believe they had some secondary offerings so there should be some cash coming in.
    Yup, that makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, if there are any question marks as to the future of the company (and there quite a few doubts on the street as we know), dilution of 'something' is better than 'non-dilution' of nothing. I'm not suggesting that Palm is desperate, or that they have to take whatever they can get.

I like a bullish stance and I also believe they have a great leader in Rubinstein. Appearances would suggest that Palm is confident and staying the course, at least for now.
    I'm with the OP.

I think if Palm doesn't have the manpower to release hardware APIs, expand the SDK, etc... Palm WILL fail to bring as much profit as Elevation could see. They should be hiring nothing but the best of the best to get this stuff done quickly.