Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone figured out how to connect the Pre up to Win7? Not trying to do anything fancy, just trying to access the folders and files on the Pre.
    I just plug it in
  3.    #3  
    When I plug it in it says unrecognizable device.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerty55 View Post
    When I plug it in it says unrecognizable device.
    SAME! cept i have xp. everytime i uninstall the driver it works again...
    PITA
    I've not had any problems connecting my Pre to any of my Win 7 systems, both RC and RTM versions.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    just plug it in and click usb on the pre. it should install the drivers and then you will have to resart your computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I've not had any problems connecting my Pre to any of my Win 7 systems, both RC and RTM versions.
    Same here and I'm running a 64-bit version. I keep seeing win7 popping up in threads being blamed for the problem when that's not the case.

OP try this: unplug everything from your PC, even the power cable, and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Then plug everything back in. If you're lucky the Pre will be recognized.

If that does not work, verify your Pre works on another computer. If not, then the problem could be the Pre itself. Remove all patches if any and try again.
    Last edited by darreno1; 10/22/2009 at 09:09 PM.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    No problems here at all on Win 7. Plugged it in and a dialogue box popped up, cancelled that out, clicked on USB on Pre and was able to see my folders via My Computer.
    win 7 64bit here no problems

plugs in and always recognizes
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have run Windows 7 Ultimate RC and RTM, both recognized the Palm Pre fine for me.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html

Followed these steps and I'm up and running on Windows 7 just fine =D
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Ditto
    What about media sync? I have Windows 7 x64, and I can't get the Pre to appear in iTunes 9.0.1.8.

I was on Vista Professional x64 and media sync worked consistently for me. Now, when I plug in and tap "Media Sync", iTunes will open up, but the Pre will never appear as an attached device.

In the Device Manager, two items ("novacom linux" and "USB Ethernet Gadget" show up with yellow exclamation points, indicating that the drivers failed to install. This happens without any Palm or Homebrew software installed, and also with the Palm Novacom service installed and running on my computer.

Is anyone else getting this? Any recommendations on what to try?
  14.    #14  
    Just to recap, I couldn't get windows to show my pre; MY FIX: I plugged the usb cord into a different usb port on computer and walla, it works now.

I guess I am happy it is working and I can access my files, but seriously... what a pain in the neck that was. I tried a lot of other things and wasted a lot of time on this.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M4rk View Post
    What about media sync? I have Windows 7 x64, and I can't get the Pre to appear in iTunes 9.0.1.8.

I was on Vista Professional x64 and media sync worked consistently for me. Now, when I plug in and tap "Media Sync", iTunes will open up, but the Pre will never appear as an attached device.

In the Device Manager, two items ("novacom linux" and "USB Ethernet Gadget" show up with yellow exclamation points, indicating that the drivers failed to install. This happens without any Palm or Homebrew software installed, and also with the Palm Novacom service installed and running on my computer.

Is anyone else getting this? Any recommendations on what to try?
    Yeah, I get it all the time. If you look in the device manager, it'll appear as an iPod for a brief moment, then change over. I was able to restore it by deleting PreWare and the package manager service. But this is ******** to have to choose between iTunes working and homebrew. (Windows 7 Professional 32-bit)
    So Preware and package mgr service interfere with Media Sync. I was wondering what was going on. I have Vista 64 bit and WebOS 1.2.1. and iTunes 9.0.0.7. Lost media sync. I recently installed Preware. Have plenty of Homebrew apps installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    Yeah, I get it all the time. If you look in the device manager, it'll appear as an iPod for a brief moment, then change over. I was able to restore it by deleting PreWare and the package manager service. But this is ******** to have to choose between iTunes working and homebrew. (Windows 7 Professional 32-bit)
    How did you figure out Preware/Pkg mgr service was responsible? Do you have myTether installed? Have there been other posts about certain apps interfering with media sync/iTunes? In media sync mode my Pre shows up on my PC only briefly as a removable drive briefly but not as an iPod before disappearing.
    I figured out the problem! It turns out that myTether which I recently installed was interfering with media sync and therefore iTunes syncing! Having the WiFi and USB Tethering off is NOT enough. You also have to have USBNet off in the options menu for media sync to be re-enabled. My guess is that USB Ethernet Gadget function must have priority over the iPod function. Now media sync is working again and iTunes and my PC recognize the Pre as an iPod.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    But this is ******** to have to choose between iTunes working and homebrew. (Windows 7 Professional 32-bit)
    Why not just choose home brew and drag & drop??

Somebody said that the reason they used iTunes was for playlists... but there are A TON of applications that generate playlists. You guys know this, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Why not just choose home brew and drag & drop??

Somebody said that the reason they used iTunes was for playlists... but there are A TON of applications that generate playlists. You guys know this, right?
    I currently have both homebrew and iTunes working. I may yet ditch iTunes in the future though at least on my laptop even though I still have an iPod. It is slow and from what I've read, bloated. I just couldn't stand that media sync was working then not working. I had to figure out what the problem was.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast