Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    when I make a call my pre thinks its connected to headphones. I can only then hear the call by puttting it on speaker phone. When using the bluetooth it my car it works normally. How can I get it out of this headphone mode that it is stuck in. It also does this with the music app and any music, the pre thinks I have headphones plugged in. I have reset th phone a few times and no luck.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Put headphones back in and pull them out while the phone is powered on.
    /worked for me
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    If you do some searching you would find your answer here on the forums already. I will be nice and provide you with what I do when this happens.

Take the head phones and plug them back in and remove them about 5 or six times quickly, that usually fixes it. if not then your jack may be broken.
    What if your headphones are stuck in Pre mode? Sorry, just a question.

Try a couple of these threads:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1820598

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hone-mode.html
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    2 things.

Just got off the phone with Sprint they ordered me a new refurb Pre. They said their refurb pre's have a hardware change to prevent this from happening again? True or BS?

2nd, after I got off the phone with sprint I blew into the headphone jack a few times and now the phone works. Should I keep my Pre (purchase date of 6/25/09 or go with the replacement?
    I've had my pre for a while and it only happend to me once. Id keep the pre you have now. It may never happen again and if it does you have a palm waranty for a year anyway.
    I would recommend getting the refurb. I had the same problem and I fixed it by using various methods. I went about a month with no problems and then it happened again and I hadn't even put headphones in it for weeks. This time it would do it while I was in the middle of a phone call so it would go in and out. No matter what I did, the problem kept occurring so I went into Sprint and they exchanged it for a refurb.
    this happened to me. all u have to do is

orange key + sym key + "r" key

that will reset the phone with all the hardware and everything. everything will still be intact... so dont worry.
    My music player would only play through the headphone jack. I pulled out the headphones a couple times until it auto-paused. Then when I pressed play, it started working again. Made me happy
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGeniusGreg View Post
    this happened to me. all u have to do is

orange key + sym key + "r" key

that will reset the phone with all the hardware and everything. everything will still be intact... so dont worry.
    Did that many times, does not fix my pre. Right now it is working from the blowing air method but it's still on/off randomly.

Going to go wiht the refurb.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slm95 View Post
    Did that many times, does not fix my pre. Right now it is working from the blowing air method but it's still on/off randomly.

Going to go wiht the refurb.
    Before you go to that extreme, have you tried bringing it to a Sprint store? (one with a repair center) I had the same problem with my Pre a few week ago, and the tech at my sprint store just used a special little tool to clean out the inside of the jack. It's worked perfectly ever since. (the tech had obviously seen this issue a few times)

Most of the threads around here talk about either hard resetting the Pre or getting a refurb, but for me the problem was clearly a hardware one and was easily fixed.
    I've dealt with of couple pre's that have had this problem, including mine, and this solution has worked every time.

Go to Device Info App
    Go to Bottom and tap More Info
    Click Preferences in top left corner
    Tap on Interactive Tests
    Then on Audio
    It will bring up a list of different things you can test. I have alway just done them all so I don't know if narrowing it down to just the headset jack or speakerphone will do the trick.
    After running all the tests, the phones have gone back to working normally. If you just get sick of doing this every time, bring it back to Sprint and they should give you a new one. I hope they fix this when releasing the never Pres.

Hope this helps.