Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    What does the Pre do to remember your device the next time you login to mobile banking? I remember the device telling me it didnt recognize my device after the 1st or 2nd firmware upgrade. So I figured ok firmware upgrades will cause the mobile banking prompt, but after the next couple firmware upgrades I didnt get that msg. But yesterday all of a sudden it said it didnt recognize my device. Could it be patches and/or themes, I have preware installed.
    My banking site stores whether or not it is a personal computer or a public device in the form of cookies.

All this does is bypass the extra two questions it asks me before I enter in my actual password.

Are you saying it stored your session? If so, that's scary, and also not the Pre's fault if it disconnects.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    My banking site stores whether or not it is a personal computer or a public device in the form of cookies.

All this does is bypass the extra two questions it asks me before I enter in my actual password.

Are you saying it stored your session? If so, that's scary, and also not the Pre's fault if it disconnects.
    +1

I would think any website, be it banking or pre|central etc., is storing cookies on the device to determine whether it is a recognized device the next time you attempt to login.

If it states it does not recognize the device, then that would indicate that the cookie has been deleted.

I am not sure what actions on the Pre would cause the stored cookies to clear, but I do know it happens occasionaly to me.