Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So just want to get a rough number of how many people on 02 are using webos quick install for homebrew and themes etc. Just like to know if it has any problems or that is quite easy/safe to use!
    right now i think i might hold off, as the next firmware is due out next month, but i'll see over the next few days
    I have and aside from a minor doctor issue initially it worked fine. The following thread keeps track of what tweaks work with our version and what don't:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...at-doesnt.html
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    I have and aside from a minor doctor issue initially it worked fine. The following thread keeps track of what tweaks work with our version and what don't:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...at-doesnt.html
    So what tweeks/homebrew apps have you added? I still have a standard Pre as was going to wait until both the US and UK are on the same OS version. The only tweek I desperately need just now is forwarding txts and LED notifications, i can maybe wait a few weeks though.
    I'll post up a definitive list when I reconnect my Pre shortly.

EDIT: Here we go.

Apps:

Stopwatch / Timer
    DigiClock
    Top Stocks Lite
    Topple Ball
    Blocked
    Music Player (Remix)
    drPodder (a.k.a. PrePod)
    Feeds
    XboxLive Friends

Tweaks:

Unhide dev mode icon
    Battery icon as percent
    Enable add/delete pages
    Enter key for new line
    Sound toggle - green

That was from my first play around but I will be adding/removing things after work tomorrow.
    Last edited by Teso Dos Bichos; 10/22/2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Adding information

6.    #6  
    Oh how cool is that didn't know there was an xbox live app think I will sort it on sat
  7. npw
    I wouldn't worry to much about using homebrew before the update comes out. With the palm profile backing up your accounts, starting afresh is really straightforward. I have jumped between 1.1.3 and the Sprint 1.2.1 a few times without issue, using homebrew on each. I have settled o nthe 1.2.1 as all of the patches appear to work.
    I've been using it since last Friday and it was a doddle to installed and use a big thumbs up from me
    dont you need to remove all apps and homebrew each time there is a firmware update?
    no, just patches i believe. not sure if you would need to remove preware, come to that when we get an update!!
    Using homebrew on my 1.1.3 Pre on O2 without any problems

Just sticking to the 1.1.3 patches which work (see the link posted above) and apps which all work (well the ones ive tried).

Very easy to use =), id definately recommend it, if worse comes to worse remove the patches or doctor it. The Pres virtually unbrickable software wise =P
    Do you have to do anything special to preware to get the patches for 1.1.3. Or do you just install patches from the normal list but only the ones that are confirmed in the post to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav_Oracle View Post
    Do you have to do anything special to preware to get the patches for 1.1.3. Or do you just install patches from the normal list but only the ones that are confirmed in the post to work?
    yer, just use preware as usual
    select patches
    select the patch you want
    install

only the ones on the above list work though
    I second the move to Sprint 1.2.1 + preware. If I hadn't of done this, I would have ended up returning the phone back to O2 as there were just so many little things it wouldn't do.

The WebOSDoctor is great and is really simple to reset your device if you mess up. Just remember to backup your photos before you reset it. A very annoying lesson

I've probably enabled 20 or so patches that just enhance the phone so much. I think if preware hadn't of been created there would be a lot of discontented people returning / binning their devices.
    Thanks arsenalrule, I was going to leave any patches till 1.3 came out but I was just desperate to turn off the charging noise! I also installed the % battery patch but left it at that.

If you install the extra pages patch I guess you have to re add them and reorganise all your icons each time you remove all patches and add them again to upgrade. That correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav_Oracle View Post
    I do not have Preware installed yet but the last time I read about it Rod had created a feed for 1.1.3 that contained all of the compatible patches. It was discussed in the following thread with detailed instructions in post 17. If that has since changed then hopefully someone will correct me. I will install Preware later on tonight to see what the situation is.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-1-1-3-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
    I second the move to Sprint 1.2.1 + preware. If I hadn't of done this, I would have ended up returning the phone back to O2 as there were just so many little things it wouldn't do.
    Do you just doctor your Pre using the relevant webOS/carrier version?

Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Do you just doctor your Pre using the relevant webOS/carrier version?
    yeah i have no clue on what to do
    according to the APPS section, we cant use the WebOS Quick Install, instead we have to use webOS doctor? but that just resets the device right?

very confusing
  19. npw
    fear not, its not that confusing. Webos quick install is the tool for getting started in homebrew,it does need a version of webOS doctor to run (sitting in the same directory,no need to run it).

if webos doctor is run on its own, it can be used to reflash the device to the relevant carriers ROM. Many ppeople including myself have used the sprint webos doctor to flash to 1.2.1. If you need to move back, just use the eu version.

I for one am loving 1.2.1. The patches work and the battery life is awesome. Still on 30% after 14 hours with normal hours,was nearly half that on 1.1.3
  20.    #20  
    just got preware now and am amazed at how much this opens up your pre! All i am wondering is as i am trying to get certain patches/apps that dont work in uk yet because they do not install will that leave some form of trace/residue/rubbish on my pre?
    UK PRE USER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast