Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    After installing Fair Dinkum and adding well over 50 apps, I noticed that the battery life was dwindling faster than before. Has anyone expierienced this? Does the Pre start loosing juice if too many apps are installed?
    No

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Time to get a Seidio, then?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    If you want one, yes.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    After installing Fair Dinkum and adding well over 50 apps, I noticed that the battery life was dwindling faster than before. Has anyone expierienced this? Does the Pre start loosing juice if too many apps are installed?
    I have 75 installed packages, including FD which I installed yesterday. I hit the 20% battery mark at 3 pm today. I usually hit it at about 8 pm. Not sure why. I will watch again tomorrow to see what is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by afortiori View Post
    No, and that doesn't make sense.
    Fair Dinkum only runs for about half a second after you press the Download button in App Catalog. There is no way that it's draining your battery.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I was under the impression from the original post that it just modifies some code and makes it more efficient actually by cutting down the number of calls made when downloading an app, and that it doesnt run in the background as a process or anything so I can't see that affecting the battery life. I also can't see how having more programs installed would affect the battery life at all. That said, I've had fair dinkum installed for awhile now and have noticed no difference at all in battery life. Perhaps its something you installed/did to your pre around the same time?
    You installed an App or Apps. You ran the App/Apps and they did not shutdown all the processes they activated when in use. It's called memory leak, and it kills your battery. There is no way changing the partition is going to kill your battery.
    PgeyPetey is right,

It's related to an app you downloaded not this patch.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    After FD, I installed "The Weather Channel" and "Quick Contacts", both from the app catalog.
    I love all the things people come up with as battery drains
    I have not had any issues with this app Its only helped me! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    After FD, I installed "The Weather Channel" and "Quick Contacts", both from the app catalog.
    Remember, just because an App shows up in the Catalog doesn't mean it is perfect. Nearly all these apps could leave a door (see process) open that screws your battery.

If you have an App that when installed seems to have an adverse effect on your battery life, it needs to be reported to the developer. Plugging the leak can be tedious, but it can be done.

If you are noticing battery issues with your new apps, restart your phone. It's the only way to stop all processes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Remember, just because an App shows up in the Catalog doesn't mean it is perfect. Nearly all these apps could leave a door (see process) open that screws your battery.

If you have an App that when installed seems to have an adverse effect on your battery life, it needs to be reported to the developer. Plugging the leak can be tedious, but it can be done.

If you are noticing battery issues with your new apps, restart your phone. It's the only way to stop all processes.
    A clear example is the Trapster app.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  16. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Are you sure your usb cover is firmly closed? Some users have reported battery power drainage through the usb cover if it isn't snapped into place all the way.

xtn
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    A clear example is the Trapster app.
    Lol... I was trying not to name names, but yes that is a perfect example.

Kudos though to the developer for taking it down to correct the issues. Takes a lot of chutzpa to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Are you sure your usb cover is firmly closed? Some users have reported battery power drainage through the usb cover if it isn't snapped into place all the way.

xtn
    If you do notice the drainage besides snapping the cover back into place tightly make SURE you don't get any of it on your hands. That stuff leaves REALLY nasty burns!!!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post

xtn
    ROFLMAO

Almost spit out the food I was eating when I read this. Reminded me of the joke about the Ukrainian Sub's with the 'screen door'.
    I scrolled through this and could not believe that this was something a person could think was real.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast