1.    #1  
    I tried to copy and post this command line in the lenux command line
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

but it does not give me the option to right click and past it.
    How can I do this. Im new and confused.

if it helps i have the terminal app installed but cant figure out how to copy and past from mobile site on my pre.

Please help! thanks
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Not sure you can paste into the terminal app on your Pre. You will probably have to type it out.

If you use PuTTy on Windows, you can paste by just right-clicking.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    yea terminal will not let me past, and lenux command line will not eather. Idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    yea terminal will not let me past, and lenux command line will not eather. Idk.
    What do you mean by "lenux command line?" What are you using to interface with your Pre? Windows/Mac/Linux? Why can you not just type it out in whatever you're using?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I used the new version of WebOS Quick Install and its command line interface to run that command on my Pre. It worked beautifully. Hop ethis helps.
  6.    #6  
    im using the new version of webos quick install. I typed it in and got
    cd/tmp/
    after i entered in the command line. im running windows
  7.    #7  
    ok it worked when i typed it in terminal but i dont see a new icon. do i need to reboot?
  8.    #8  
    rebooted phone and still see no new icon even though it said that it successfully installed in the terminal app.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    It's under Tools then Linux Command Line. It will not even display the field unless your Pre is connected.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Did you look at the bottom of your first page of icons? Also, you need to remove any previous version plus the associated Teher service before running the command.
    wodin,
    Unlike the previous posts in this thread, your post seems like a legitimate reason for starting a new thread. I think you should start a new thread and then delete your post. I will follow-up and delete this post too (assuming you choose to start a thread today and not sometime next week when I might not be looking).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    wodin,
    Unlike the previous posts in this thread, your post seems like a legitimate reason for starting a new thread. I think you should start a new thread and then delete your post. I will follow-up and delete this post too (assuming you choose to start a thread today and not sometime next week when I might not be looking).

Yes thank you, I should have thought of that. Done