1.    #1  
    The title is self explanatory. Whether I am using my Pre or it is just sitting there, it resets by itself about every 5-10 minutes. I just received this phone 2 days ago as a replacement. I took it up to sprint and they gave me a new battery and did a full erase/reset. Still doing the same thing. It is updated to 1.2.1 so I am wondering if there is anything else that could be going on. Sprint ordered me yet another one, but I'd rather not have to go back up there to swap one out again, (plus I like this actual Pre because there is virtually no "oreo" effect)

ps. I didn't want to start a thread for this but everytime I searched in "phone keeps resetting", or "phone reset", or anything that had to do with reset, it would just send me to a blank page.
    I'd look for a service that's doing something (e.g., checking email) every 5-10 minutes...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    If you can't find the problem, use WebOS Doctor.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    If you can't find the problem, use WebOS Doctor.
    is running webos doctor different than doing a full or partial erase directly on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by boston_ant View Post
    is running webos doctor different than doing a full or partial erase directly on the phone?
    Yes. A full erase will erase all of the personal data on your phone, but that's it.

WebOSDoctor will actually reflash your phone back to original.

Just to be extra extra clear, running WebOSDoctor would be equivalent to formatting the hard drive on your desktop and reinstalling windows from scratch.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Yes. A full erase will erase all of the personal data on your phone, but that's it.

WebOSDoctor will actually reflash your phone back to original.

Just to be extra extra clear, running WebOSDoctor would be equivalent to formatting the hard drive on your desktop and reinstalling windows from scratch.
    thanks, i tried webos doctor, but that seemed to make things worse, my new Pre came today so I'm all good now. however, I wish I could've kept my old one... this new one has the white pearl center button as opposed to the newer Pre's with the shiny metallic center button.
    Im bringing my launch day pre back because mine randomly shuts down, but i refuse to take a refurbished. for that ill just wait for an upgraded Pre.