1.    #1  
    This is the function that deletes an entire word at once and it F'n rocks. I use it so much that I find myself going for it on my PC quite a bit.

This would be nice on a PC....no?
    There is no spoon
    You posted this in the Palm Pre Device and Accessories forum. Is PC some how supposed to mean Pre or are you really talking about a PC? If so, you want this area of the forum:

http://forums.precentral.net/off-topic/
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Ctrl+z
    I think the point of this post is to point out just how useful the shift+backspace shortcut is... something that's done on... wait for it... the Palm Pre. Or is this only the forum for complaints?

PS. I hasn't heard of this shortcut before... it does sound useful, thanks.

PPS. I often find myself wanting to touch my laptop's screen when it's time to scroll a webpage .
    He is talking about the handy feature on the Pre when you press shift and backspace at the same time, the courser will delete the last word typed. He thinks that would be great to have on a PC and I agree.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Some apps on a pc already do it. Try a CTRL Backspace in MS Word...
    Cool, I didn't even know about that, thanks!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiSin View Post
    Some apps on a pc already do it. Try a CTRL Backspace in MS Word...

Dude! You are the man. It works in Outlook. Thats exactly why I started the thread (in the wrong forum ).

Thanks
    There is no spoon
    Somehow I failed to make the connection back to the Pre (I even use the **** BS all the time!)....for that, I'm completely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You posted this in the Palm Pre Device and Accessories forum. Is PC some how supposed to mean Pre or are you really talking about a PC? If so, you want this area of the forum:

http://forums.precentral.net/off-topic/
    thanks for the post - learn something new everyday on this thing

now if only DOT + Backspace would DELETE - great function on my dad's crackberry
    dont feel bad, i swipe on my netbook and tx1000 and neither work lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    try shift+arrow right or left

shift+down highlights entire line

this is for pc/mac not webos lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 65K09 View Post
    thanks for the post - learn something new everyday on this thing

now if only DOT + Backspace would DELETE - great function on my dad's crackberry
    I know I'm going to be sorry I asked this, but what exactly are you referring to? I have a BB. DOT?
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I know I'm going to be sorry I asked this, but what exactly are you referring to? I have a BB. DOT?
    My dad's crackberry: in the middle of a line of text will preform a DELETE if you hold the shift down and hit the backspace.

...don't be sorry
    cool. Didn't know I could do that on my pre!
    well add me to list of ppl who didnt know about that feature, very useful
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Just realized holding the alt key and hitting backspace in MS Word puts the information back word by word that you deleted on a pc.
    I learn new things every day about my Pre! (Thanks to this forum of course!)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65K09 View Post
    My dad's crackberry: in the middle of a line of text will preform a DELETE if you hold the shift down and hit the backspace.

...don't be sorry
    If you have selected (highlighted) the text first by using Shift-Roll Trackball on the BB, then just the delete key by itself will delete the entire selection.

The Pre does this too by Shift-slide finger anywhere across screen to select (doesn't have to be on text), then hit delete.

The BB can't do the Pre trick the OP speaks of, and the BB also doesn't delete anything but a letter at a time with the delete key or Shift-delete.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK...
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    wow, this is a useful short-cut.
    I consider myself a power user and I never knew this.
    there are definitely times where this would have come in handy.
    thank you for pointing it out.