Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wassup
    When I purchased my phone I was instructed that the video program (or something) will be automatically downloaded to my phone within a few weeks.
    Is this correct???
    Awesome phone, but to be even more awesome it should have a video
    somebody fooled ya! that's still in the works, no date yet, no update mentioned with it yet
  3.    #3  
    OK
    I'm back to the Sprint store to raise hell.
    Maybe I'll get a free accessory or something for the false info they gave me
    There's no timeframe on when the video recording app will be available, but when it is ready,yes, you will get it in an update which will be automatically downloaded to your device, yes.
    If you're successful let me know...I will go buy a lottery ticket :-)

Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    OK
    I'm back to the Sprint store to raise hell.
    Maybe I'll get a free accessory or something for the false info they gave me
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Well, Sprint seems to have taken a big step in their Customer service.

I get pretty good customer service. I complained about my Oreo and GAP months after I brought my Pre, and I got another Pre.

Ofcourse, the refurbed Pre mailed to me also had a slight oreo, sigh.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    If you're successful let me know...I will go buy a lottery ticket :-)
    For a phone that was just purchased less than three weks ago.....
    rest assure I'll be getting something from them free.
    Especially, since an AT&T store is right across the hall and I can just as easily purchase an I-phone
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    lmfao wow thats funny that a rep would lie to you about that... did you get it at radioshack or some bo-bo sprint dealer?
    Can we get a sticky of this question at the top of the forum? We see this at least several times a day...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    lmfao wow thats funny that a rep would lie to you about that... did you get it at radioshack or some bo-bo sprint dealer?
    That's the thing.

I went to an actaul Sprint store

People were saying just go a keyosk or walmart or something.
    But noooo, I decided to go to the actual sprint store
    The kids working at the Sprint store must get commission. Any time I have gone in there they hover around trying to sell you anything you seem the least bit interested in regardless of your needs. It's like a care dealership. I'm not surprised you were lied to. The thing is I doubt you will be treated any differently at AT&T.
    Alright, so if he lied, then the question is, what is a few weeks? I believe Palm has said that we would have video recording before the end of the year. That isn't too very many weeks away. Would seven weeks still be a few? I don't know.

I think he stretched the truth a bit, but I wouldn't go quite so far as to say he lied to you. You will get video recording before too long.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    palm also said we would get paid apps by september and would have flash by october...lol, seems that both palm and sprint will tell you anything to get you to buy a pre. As far as ATT goes you may not get better customer service and your monthly bill may be outrageous, but at least you will get what you paid for with an iphone. Pre $500, Iphone $500, piece of mind of owning an iphone over a pre priceless.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    He said a few weeks...just not in a row.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    For a phone that was just purchased less than three weks ago.....
    rest assure I'll be getting something from them free.
    Especially, since an AT&T store is right across the hall and I can just as easily purchase an I-phone

WHHHHHHHOOOWWWWWWWWW HOOOO..go get a i-phone then. Im shaking in my pants. That is SO lame to keep threatening and saying what you :will" do if they don't give u something free...

you bought a phone and on it list what features it has technically palm can not release video and be in its right because it doesn't mention it on the box and it wasn't in the box as "coming soon" we just are geek heads and research stuff so at any rate you bought the phone with future assumptions is YOUR call regardless of who told you what.

quit complaining whether it comes 4 months or 2 weeks from now has no barring on your purchase. If I was the store manager I would say

" I apologize sir for the mis information its anyone guess and I will speak with the employee however as you can see we don;t work for palm so we have no control when they decide to do what they choose to do."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    palm also said we would get paid apps by september and would have flash by october...lol, seems that both palm and sprint will tell you anything to get you to buy a pre. As far as ATT goes you may not get better customer service and your monthly bill may be outrageous, but at least you will get what you paid for with an iphone. Pre $500, Iphone $500, piece of mind of owning an iphone over a pre priceless.
    My brother is on his 3rd iphone. Sister is on her 2nd. Iphones have problems also. And they just got video recording at least we arent waiting years. Also they are constantly dropping calls. Iphone is a horrible phone but its good at doing everything else.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    " I apologize sir for the mis information its anyone guess and I will speak with the employee however as you can see we don;t work for palm so we have no control when they decide to do what they choose to do."
    agreed to some extent. however, what if that was what sealed the deal for him? what if he absolutely wants/needs video capabilities on his phone?
    who are we to judge?
    there are tons of phones out there that do offer video recording. imo if he goes back and tells the manager that the sales rep mislead him in order to close the deal *speculating here no need to bash on it* he should get compensated in some way, as every other customer that threatens to leave sprint does.

in the end, it is OUR money, we don't have to let any company dictate how we spend it.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    WHHHHHHHOOOWWWWWWWWW HOOOO..go get a i-phone then. Im shaking in my pants. That is SO lame to keep threatening and saying what you :will" do if they don't give u something free...

you bought a phone and on it list what features it has technically palm can not release video and be in its right because it doesn't mention it on the box and it wasn't in the box as "coming soon" we just are geek heads and research stuff so at any rate you bought the phone with future assumptions is YOUR call regardless of who told you what.

quit complaining whether it comes 4 months or 2 weeks from now has no barring on your purchase. If I was the store manager I would say

***UPDATE***

Spoke to the same representative who sold me the phone.
    I explained to her that according to palm, there is no definite date as to when the video will be available.
    She said she explained it will take a few weeks. Another person walked in teh store with the exact same inquiry. Here are two people that purchased the phone within the past three weeks and no video option, although we were told that it would be available.
    She spoke to the manager, who came to the counter, apologized and explained to us there is no definite date as to when the app will be available.
    I had the phone and all the packaging, and wanted to return it for a refund.
    The other persom only had the phone but wanted to return it as well.
    we were both given a car charger for the phone if we opted to keep the phone and plan.
    I agreed, he didn't and returned the phone for the sprint instinct

I have no video app, but I do have a car charger......
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    it wont download automatically but some people have an early alpha version of their camcorder app.
    go download the video app just released in homebrew. Story on the front page.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast