1.    #1  
    My Treo (actually, both my Treos, 600 and 650 alike) were prone to random reboots. Of course, so were my Windows Mobile phones. The only phones that hadn't rebooted randomly, until recently, were my dumbphones and my Pre.

However, since 1.2.1 (I believe), I've now seen my Pre act a bit like my Treos. Specifically, run certain sequences (e.g., hit an email notification while Messenging is maximized) and my Pre resets. I thought it was a fluke when it happened the first time or two; now, it's starting to act like a pattern.

I must say, it's a bigger deal with the Pre than with my Treos (or WM phones) because the Pre takes so long to reboot. Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon, particularly post-1.2.1?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    yes, I have noticed this also. The past week my pre has shut off 6-7 times. It happen last night while I was charging it. Never had this problem till after 1.21
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    odd, I have not had any issues here with that. I have found the Pre to be the most stable phone I think I have ever had since my Motorola Startac that I bought in 1999!!! I was so sick of my Treos (from the 600 to the 755p) resetting, but the Pre doesnt do that...I get maybe 1 or 2 resets or battery pulls every month, which is a great track record for me!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    odd, I have not had any issues here with that. I have found the Pre to be the most stable phone I think I have ever had since my Motorola Startac that I bought in 1999!!! I was so sick of my Treos (from the 600 to the 755p) resetting, but the Pre doesnt do that...I get maybe 1 or 2 resets or battery pulls every month, which is a great track record for me!
    That was the same for me, prior to 1.2.1... In fact, before that, I hadn't had a single unplanned reset.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    None of this happens to me. Do you guys hack your Pre ?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I must say, it's a bigger deal with the Pre than with my Treos (or WM phones) because the Pre takes so long to reboot. Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon, particularly post-1.2.1?
    No spontaneous resets here.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    Only hack is that I enabled developer mode (since disabled) to install fileCoaster. Otherwise, I'm stock.
    My Pre reminds me of my Treo......it's only the look and operation part that's different : )

No issues with resets here and I have 30 patches and 49 apps installed.
    I've had daily crashes. Replaced the phone (#6) and Touchstone back cover and now it's fine.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Only hack is that I enabled developer mode (since disabled) to install fileCoaster. Otherwise, I'm stock.
    I don't consider Homebrew to be "stock."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    I have hacked the snot out of my Pre, and I do not have this issue. Other than reboots due to updates (or hacks that require a reboot) my pre has hardly ever been rebooted; manually or on it's own.
    Hmm... I too have not had one unplanned reboot in three months. My biggest complaint is the battery life; without use the Pre goes through 2_4% an hour. Using date, the Pre might use 10%+ per hour. I can never be too far away from a charger...
  13.    #13  
    I hear everybody saying they're not having the problem. And it's surprised me a bit as well--particularly because my Pre had previously been so stable.
    I only asked about the hacks as I had installed one hack and my Pre acted strange until I restarted a couple time. Since then its been fine.
    tweaked, patched, and homebrewed the 5 Pres in my family. No complaints from us here. I think I remember a spontaneous reset maybe twice since launch day.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!