1.    #1  
    So still getting used to it, but some times ive noticed so far:

the keyboard isnt bad at all, and i type pretty well, well when i say well i mean for a young adult, not a teenage who can type faster than i talk!
    However when typing an email i did find myself getting tired, as the keyboard is small.

Sync contacts is not going so well. I dont use gmail. I have hotmail ! whilst email syncing is ok, i've adjusted it to update every 5minutes. The contacts that i have ( i also have then on vcard on my pc) are NOT able to be sent via bluetooth or even as an sms! this is basic feature that ive had in every phone since 2000!
    Ive looked around there is a app, but its $30!!! well my plan is to transfer the contacts to another phone, and then transfer those contacts to the sim, and then but the sim in the pre......thats the only way i can think of thats free!

build quality, mine wobbles! it doesnt feel expensive at all, and im scared about opening/sliding it open, even taking the battery out was scary......
    so a case is needed for sure! speaking of cases, anybody got one? (from the EU lot), and any recommendations for a case (everyone)?

Also why does the "messaging" lack a sent folder, draft, and the option for "recieve notification if user recieved message"? or am i blind?
    there is also no option to copy and paste messages that you have recieved? also no forwarding :S

Also lacks support for Msn messenger, which is pretty big in europe.......

still looking for an IM app, or a skype app......Any app recommendations from the Europa lot?

Also did anybody else's box smell of poison? lol, cos mine did like a mixture of chlorine or plastics, but very very strong........

anyway, i'll tell you the good stuff too, but those are just a few not so nice things ive noticed so far
    Oh, great first impressions then!

Let us know how you get on ok.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazikev24 View Post
    Oh, great first impressions then!

Let us know how you get on ok.
    yep, its great, but as i'm English its only right for me to tell the negative points before the positive lol
    We wouldn't have it any other way and we queued the right way to get them when they came out too
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    Also why does the "messaging" lack a sent folder, draft, and the option for "recieve notification if user recieved message"? or am i blind?
    I too was confused when I saw that (or rather, didn't see!) when trying one out in the O2 stores. How is this handled? Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Draft:
    This IS in email but not in SMS and here is why. If you are in a conversation thread then it saves what you are typing in that thread. If you leave and come back your text will still be there, so there is no need to save it to draft, makes more sense to leave the text in the text entry box. It does this on a conversation by conversation basis.

If you are composing a new message to someoen who does not have a conversation thread then you lose the message if you CLOSE the messaging app, but why you would close it when the Pre can multi-task only you would know.

Basically here is very little need for a DRAFTS folder on a pre.

Sent:
    Why? You have threaded messaging, you can see what you have sent!

Recieve Notification:
    Don't know about this as O2 does not support it anyway.
  7.    #7  
    anybody know of a way to get junkmail folder visible? just curious
    now go to yur email with a computer and make a sent folder if you really have to have it

just go to your email account with a computer and make whatever folder you want or need then you may even need to delete that account on your phone and redo it .when you finish inputting your account into the phone it should sync all folders that you made, thats the only way i can think of that might work
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    Also lacks support for Msn messenger, which is pretty big in europe.......

still looking for an IM app, or a skype app......Any app recommendations from the Europa lot?
    I'm using http://pre.mundu.com for my IM needs at the moment. I believe others have managed to add the missing IM apps though.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    using skype will use up your minuets just like using google talk uses up your minuets , sprint considers it a land line ,hopefully they dont do the same over there across the pond lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm having a problem with the email app collecting emails.
    I've set it to manual collect, but it still auto collects emails, but at random intervals?
    I'd rather it just let me decide when I want to collect them. Is this a know 1.1.3. fault ?

It's a pain that the Return/Enter key "sends" a text message rather than make a new line. I see there is a Homebrew fix for this, so I'm hoping a future Palm update will introduce fix it.

However, overall I'm loving my Pre. TweeFree is great
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    ChasT, yes its at known bug and has been fixed in 1.2 I think. Atleast that's what I was told when asking the same in another thread.

Enter/Return in texts is a pain, its so easy to hit return for a new line only to see the text being sent.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Hi Andreas, thanks for the reply.

I've tried setting the polling delay to 12 hours, to see if it cuts out the random collections.

I'm really liking 'Classic'. Can't wait to get Hotsync over WiFi when we get upgraded from 1.1.3
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway