Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    EXPANSYS USA SELLING PRE GSM UNLOCKED
    And the selling price is high: $715. Buying it does not require signing a voice or data contract.
    The device does not have any carrier branding on it.

Buy a Palm Pre Web OS Smartphone (Unlocked, QWERTZ, Multi-Lingual), #PREQWERTZ - eXpansys Inc

Error page not found
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Expansys | BBB Review | Bloomington, IL

It's not hard to keep your rating at "A" or better. Plus the cost is clearly some kind of unethical price gouging. Pass.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/22/2009 at 08:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I have used them a bunch of times and always have had first class service. That price is crazy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Expansys | BBB Review | Bloomington, IL

It's not hard to keep your rating at "A" or better. Plus the cost is clearly some kind of unethical price gouging. Pass.
    I don't think the price is that unreasonable. $715 is 476 Euros which isn't that wide of a spread off the no contract price in Europe.
    I'm just doubtful that there is $715.00 worth of technology inside the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I don't think the price is that unreasonable. $715 is 476 Euros which isn't that wide of a spread off the no contract price in Europe.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I bet you the price Expansys got from Palm to buy these Pres is not much lower, maybe a couple hundred dollars at the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
    I bet you the price Expansys got from Palm to buy these Pres is not much lower, maybe a couple hundred dollars at the most.
    I doubt they bought them directly from Palm.
    I've actually been to their warehouse. Had a hard time finding it. GPS said I was on top of it, literally. It's under a bridge in an area that never gets sunlight. What a dump. Inside was worse.
    Great service though. I went there to pick up a phone I won on Ebay. They were so new on Ebay, they had virtually no feedback. I insisted on picking it up and paying cash.
    It was actually my first smartphone. A Nokia folder. Hated that phone.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

yeah...I agree......there's hardly any cool apps, no video cam, allot of people have told me that the pre doesn't really support iphone like games.....and so on.....no microsd card slot......

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I think anyone would be equally insane to spend over $700 on an iPhone.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I doubt they bought them directly from Palm.
    These Pre of expansys are bought to O2 Germany or a wholesaler there.
    has anyone used expansys as yet to purchase their phone and how has been the feedback?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    has anyone used expansys as yet to purchase their phone and how has been the feedback?
    For what it's worth: expansys - expansys.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Yes i read this review earlier also and as expected they did say some nonsense about the need for a bank wire transfer instead of credit card payment.they do however have a pretty fast email responce as well as when i called in the day they answered pretty fast.but when i actually have my pre in my hand i will give a rating .these ratings were either pretty goo or all horrible but i will have to find out myself as its the risk i am taking for early adoption of the preWish me luck. I have had treeo 600 for a little past 4 years and it just plain loyalty to palm i am going with here
    I actually did order it here, while the price is high I prefer a store (where I've bought before) over a random person on eBay. And because I'm actually from Europe (but just in the U.S. temporary) I'll save money (477 EUR versus the 560 EUR the EU version of Expansys asks).

I'm ok with that, now if only they shipped it. 6 more days they say.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Has anyone bought the Pre from them recently? How long dose it take you to receive the Item?

Thank you
    I ordered one last Friday just after their operating hours, so they didn't got it til this Monday. Says it will send in 5 days. (which doesn't really match their warehouse info, but Expansys is known for that).
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Yea I will be in Hon Kong December, and I think I will give them a call when I get there and see if they have it in stock in there HK warehouse!
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chau1988 View Post
    Has anyone bought the Pre from them recently? How long dose it take you to receive the Item?

Thank you
    It takes FOREVER !!! I ordered mine last Oct 24. They mentioned that the units will arrive on friday. That means the earliest time that I can get the Pre is on Monday (Nov 16).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast