1.    #1  
    compaired stuck button to good one from another unit after removing. Could not determin why it would not spring back up. Was not able to find a fix seeing as were not allowed to take the pre apart yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    compaired stuck button to good one from another unit after removing. Could not determin why it would not spring back up. Was not able to find a fix seeing as were not allowed to take the pre apart yet.
    I'm having the same problem. Except that out of nowhere it starts clicking again but then goes back to not working again. I would like to get a new phone but I'm pretty sure they won't give me one since it'll still work if I press hard enough.
    Mine just lost its spring yesterday. Planning to limp through the weekend and take it in to the repair center on monday.
    I am having the exact same issue. The button is stuck all the way down and it takes considerable force to make it register a push. But I consider myself lucky, since I have a July Pre and the only issues I've had so far are:

a)stuck in headset mode
    b)wobbly screen
    c)slider won't open all the way
    d)loose volume rocker
    e)stuck power button

So I'm going to just deal with it for now because there are far, far worse units out there and I don't want to end up with a lemon.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Had the same issue... took it to Sprint... they couldn't fix it... ordered replacement... got a refurbished back which only worked when in speaker mode... ordered new replacement... got another refurbished with the exact same problem... ordered a new replacement... perfect device!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I just deal with it... I mean its not THAT big of a deal really.
    i had the same issue. sprint can't do anything and they'll overnight you a refurb.
    dang it, add me to the list of stuck power buttons. It's flush with the body of the unit. Blah! Off to Sprint tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. If I press it hard enough it registers but it's not normal. I'm in college, the closet Sprint store is 6 miles away, and I don't have a car.

I called Sprint. I asked for Advanced Exchange because of the issue. They said it was possible but, over the phone, they would ship to my house (i'm in college). I told them that I would just go to the Advanced Exchange site and see if I could ship to my dorm through there and sure enough, shipping to somewhere other than your billing address is possible through the site.

The site said that my phone is covered under Sprint's Warranty (I don't have insurance or the like) and that I would not be charged. They are shipping me a replacement overnight. A scary thing is that if they find that my phone is not defective they will charge me!

Should I have done it trough Palm?