Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes I know it sounds a bit crazy, but after paying very high bills of 150 or more a month I just found it not to be worth it. The pre has really impressed me so far although the keyboard is a bit difficultto get used to. The multi-tasking makes it a very different and enjoyable experience though. I also got my wife the HTC Hero and she is loving that as well. The plan is discounted trhough my employer to a very reasonable 97 dollars with 1500 minutes, free calls to cell phones and unlimited data and text. The plan on AT&T was just insane. I do think I need to get the Airave for home as my reception there is crappy, but other than that I have been happy with the phone. It has only been a few hours though.
  2.    #2  
    I forgot to add that I appreciate all the help I got on this forum with the decision and peoples opionions of the phone. Thanks again...
    Quote Originally Posted by anzollo View Post
    Yes I know it sounds a bit crazy, but after paying very high bills of 150 or more a month I just found it not to be worth it. The pre has really impressed me so far although the keyboard is a bit difficultto get used to. The multi-tasking makes it a very different and enjoyable experience though. I also got my wife the HTC Hero and she is loving that as well. The plan is discounted trhough my employer to a very reasonable 97 dollars with 1500 minutes, free calls to cell phones and unlimited data and text. The plan on AT&T was just insane. I do think I need to get the Airave for home as my reception there is crappy, but other than that I have been happy with the phone. It has only been a few hours though.
    It doesn't sound crazy at all..
    Congrats!! Now the real fun will begin!
    Welcome to the club!

Considering how much my coworkers who have AT&T complain about dropped calls (one has an iPhone and one has a dumbphone), paying a monthly premium to have an iPhone on AT&T's ****ty network in the city of Chicago just didn't make sense to me. Sprint's service isn't perfect, but I average one dropped call per month at most, compared to easily 5 or 10 times that for my coworkers.

Always remember, if the Pre doesn't do something you want it to out of the box, odds are there's a patch for it.
    If you tell the people at the sprint store that the signal in your home is bad and you will need to cancel if you can't get it fixed they will give you an airerave for free! So definitely do that. Also I came from a 3GS and the keyboard definitely takes getting used to but now that I am used to it I really could never go back. The Palm Pre's WebOS will be an all star OS by December when the app catalog is out of beta and webOS 1.3 or 1.4 is out along with a huge user base due to it being in multiple countries with multiple devices (Palm Pre and Pixi).
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    You made the right decision. You are welcome here.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Good choice. The Pre is a good phone. New apps are coming on strong. Be sure to check out the homebrew area.
    me and my wife came from verizon with a similar story.

saving money is the best.

welcome
    welcome to the other side enjoy
    I switched from my 3G too. My wife and I have the same plan. Cheaper & better plans was a huge factor in us switching. And you can actually get insurance with this phone!

The keyboard seems awkward at first, but you'll get used to it and begin to wonder how you didnt have one in the first place. I love being able to slide it open and just begin to type for anything...website, contacts, apps, SMS....

The Pre does a fantastic job at notifications, way ahead of the iPhone. I couldnt stand how every SMS would interrupt and force me to view or ignore. And there was no way of knowing what emails you received without opening up the email app, which defeated the purpose of push email.

If youre not afraid of customizing your phone and installing homebrew, check out WebOS Quick Install and Preware in the development forums.
    anzollo, welcome to the the open fun club. Here you will find great members and the Chief Editor, Dieter is an amazing guy.

You are no longer stuck to the monopoly that is apple. enjoy your stay =)
    Hello and Welcome. I guess we all have similar stories. I have the Airerave in our home and yes it does work very well. "The Pre does a fantastic job at notifications" this is a hugh plus....
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I did the math too, and I found that I could get a Pre and a Thinkpad for the same price as an iPhone. It was an easy choice, especially considering AT&Ts crap 3G. I basically wanted a portable web browser and the Pre does that better than any other device. Faster network than the iPhone and faster hardware than all the other devices.

I think the Droid would have been my choice versus the 3GS had I been willing to pay higher prices for service.
    I'm sure you will miss some things from the 3gs but hopefully you will find some new things you love that will offset that like multitasking and the gestures. I constantly try gestures on other devices since they are so ingrained in my head. Defintely check out homebrew and all the wonderful things the people at webOS internals are doing. They really are doing an amazing job adding functionality to this phone that is as simple as can be to apply. Welcome aboard and we are also here for you when things get tough.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    haha, WELCOME

I have had the pre since its first launch and have convinced people who have the iphone and other carriers to switch to sprint. This $25 reward thing really helps out with school supplies. welcome. And i like that idea about the airwave, gonna give it a shot.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks again...If anyone would like to be the referrer for me I would appreciate the extra $25 I can get. I was told by a sprint rep how to do it after I got the phone. I guess I just need someones phone number.
    By the way, if you decide to install Preware. Be sure that "Fair Dinkum App Limit" is the first thing you install. There's a bug in preware that affects the app catalog and this app is a temporary fix. It also removes the "app limit".

All this information is available in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by anzollo View Post
    Thanks again...If anyone would like to be the referrer for me I would appreciate the extra $25 I can get. I was told by a sprint rep how to do it after I got the phone. I guess I just need someones phone number.
    I sent a PM your way.
    awesome for crossing-over! =) you're not alone. i hated the iphone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast