While I am hardly a gammar Natzi,
    Natzi <=> **** ?
    ===
    Signed,
    The speling Natzi
    "****" is filtered, eh? Fascists!

- Grammar |\|azi Supreme
  3.    #23  
    kinda like how I am a repair tech and fix phones all day but when I ask on here, " how do you root your pre"?
    simplified!
    I some how can't get answers put simply. Its like 3 people on here know how to do these kind of things and everyone else is copy/past there words.
    my brother has done codeing and web design for 15 years and repair on computers. I'm sure it would be quick learning for him. Not I! When asking questions about doing more seasoned and complicated tweeks like recording video, I ask only for someone to give me a simple how to. But you eather get an answer that full of abriviations that I'm not familiar with or assuming I already know how to root. I don't! I'm asking. Not to write a manual. Just hey bro I did it....this is how! That's all. Its the people who do computer programming and coding and such that know how to do these things but can't explain how.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    I'm saying there are alot of smart guys on here who are not helping anyone. My god! Do you txt? Do your friends have to spell everything correct for you to understand? Correct punctuation also? There are people on here trying to get help, people helping and people being smart. If your the last one I hope you have problems reading this.
    Also plenty ***** around here! Why three of four of them jumped in right after the OP.
  5.    #25  
    I beleave this thread has shown my point in op!
    I beleave this thread has shown my point in op!
    Your repeated naive one line questions in other threads exuberate the lack of effort you put forth to learning. Have you even looked at the webOS wiki?

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by maskedferret; 10/21/2009 at 10:32 PM.
  7.    #27  
    um yea. I did use it to install preware. And tweeks. But if you use it to root then I don't know how.
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    Your repeated naive one line questions in other threads exuberate the lack of effort you put forth to learning. Have you even looked at the webOS wiki?

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    In bold; start there.

EDIT: To clarify semantics; "To root" is to gain root access (i.e. superuser or "administrator" privileges) on a system. Getting shell ("terminal" or "command prompt" if you will) access on the Pre ("Accessing Linux" as the wiki puts it) is the equivalent in this case to rooting.
    Last edited by maskedferret; 10/21/2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: "what's a shell / terminal?" /windowsUser
  9.    #29  
    there is access to linux command line on webos qwiki right?
  10.    #30  
    jk
  11.    #31  
    shell, root, administrator, terminal access, Accessing linux, what else can we call it? Any abbreviations to go along with that?
  12.    #32  
    I wanna call it the BOTTOM LINE.
    catchy no?
    shell, root, administrator, terminal access, Accessing linux, what else can we call it? Any abbreviations to go along with that?
    why be smarmy when they are trying to help you?
    Thanks to those who paticipated. Also received a request to point out Linux for Dummies.

http://www.amazon.com/Linux-Dummies-...bosnation0e-20

Thanks to maskedferret
    Last edited by pogeypre; 10/21/2009 at 11:28 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12