1.    #1  
    I noticed before on video reviews before buying the palm pre that the app catalog is in its beta. I am just wondering what they hell are they going to do with it because it must be into its 5 month now of beta if i am correct?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    "pay" apps only started rolling out a few weeks ago.
    -m
    I think Google still holds the record for how long products and services remain in official beta status.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Hey it took apple over a year. So Palm gets 2 years. LOL
    Beta just means they are still working on it. Gmail was in Beta for 6+ years
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6.    #6  
    Oh fair enough have amercans got a homebrew section in catalogue and how is it working out
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    Oh fair enough have amercans got a homebrew section in catalogue and how is it working out
    That was a question? If so, yes it's working well:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps
    My App Catalog Screen changed to a new screen, not beta for a while, then when I logged off and went back on it was back to the Beta screen. Has anyone else seen this?
    did it look the same just without the beta watermark??

Why didnt you get a screenshot lol
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I had herd that it may change this week, I was just going to check the app catalog and right after I logged on and saw the new look, I got a call that I had to take and when I logged back on it was gone.
    im curious to see how it will be different after it leaves beta.....i guess we got our "flood of apps" when we got the last 100.
    i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the beta tag is off on app catalog?
  13. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbdu4 View Post
    i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the beta tag is off on app catalog?
    No, it's still there.
    screen cap
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <<threads merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbdu4 View Post
    screen cap
    The beta banner has always appeared only on the initial screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    The beta banner has always appeared only on the initial screen.
    Yeah, what he said. I got all ready to post about this once myself, and then went back to take a screen shot, and went "Oh, I see...."

Close call. I was almost wrong...
    yea i guess i dont pay enough attention to my pre after all.