Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So far there are only two reviews of it in the App Catalog. It looks to be a nice program that handles all the necessary things. Not sure yet if I want to bite the bullet on that one.

Can anyone post a review of you tried it already? How fast does it open up?

I also noticed, that in the screenshots of in the App Catalog, the background changes from one quick dial screen to the other, I wonder if that is customizable?

I checked the developers website, but the info there is identical to the summary given for the app at the App Catalog.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I use it and I like it. I can't give you a very good review because honestly I have not used anything else available. For me it doesn't open any slower than any other app. It supports any and all options I could want but I am not an option *****. The last version released in homebrew had some custom wallpaper issues that have not been fixed before going to the app catalog. I have no iidea if the catalog release addressed the previous issues or not. I donated $5 before it went in the app catalog so I could get "free updates for life" so hopefully a fixed version will come my way soon.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quick contacts rocks! I've been using it since a very early version. -m
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I've been using the Homebrew version of Quick Contacts for several weeks, and I am very happy with it. It is one of the very few apps that I always keep open.

IMO, QC integrates great functionality and flexibility. It has never failed to work as advertised. There are many functions that can be customized according to user preferences.

I won't say that it opens instantly, but I wouldn't describe it as slow.

See this thread for many more opinions.
  5.    #5  
    It definitely seems like the way to go. Currently I have the Palm Text Messaging app in my quick launcher at the bottom, so I always click on that and scroll through the list to text the people I communicate with more frequently. Calling them is another story, that involves a few more clicks or me having to open the keyboard and start typing their name. If it's not lag city, as in where it would take 10 secs to load, then it does seem like the perfect solution, something Palm should have done to begin with!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I've been using the Homebrew version of Quick Contacts for several weeks, and I am very happy with it. It is one of the very few apps that I always keep open.

IMO, QC integrates great functionality and flexibility. It has never failed to work as advertised. There are many functions that can be customized according to user preferences.

I won't say that it opens instantly, but I wouldn't describe it as slow.

See this thread for many more opinions.
    Hmm..your link was dead.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Hmm..your link was dead.
    Now fixed. Sorry.
    Last edited by gc916; 10/21/2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    By the way, he has just today posted a new version that addresses some of the previous problems. Check his thread out in the homebrew section for more info.
    i just dont understand the hoopla over this app
    Launch pad can do the same thing
    and also Photo Dialer accomplishes the same thing and more, its GREAT, plus its FREE
    I see no advantage quick contacts has over photo contacts.
    I mean you could clear out one of your launch pages and make a photo contact page of your own by just selecting 'add to launcher' for each contact

I mean if u gonna charge for apps, you have to convince me to pay for something that can easily be done for free....
  10.    #10  
    Sooo...if you click on a person, and then text that person, it just goes into the standard texting app, right? I am coming from a WinMo background, and every quick contacts type of program always used its own text messaging interface, that's why I am asking.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    and also Photo Dialer accomplishes the same thing and more, its GREAT, plus its FREE
    I mean you could clear out one of your launch pages and make a photo contact page of your own by just selecting 'add to launcher' for each contact

I mean if u gonna charge for apps, you have to convince me to pay for something that can easily be done for free....
    It's a personal preference. You see no added value in quick contacts over Photo dialer or what ever. I on the other hand saw from an asthetics view and customzing view some added value that I willing donated $5 to receive free updates for life.

Yes, launchpad can do these things, but not everything. I like having an App (not a launcher page) with all of my shortcuts, that includes 1-touch dailing (or SMSing or Emailing) or allows me to choose how I want to communicate, and not limit to just one number, or make me go into the Contacts to choose (as the "add to launcher" shortcut does). Also, the preferences around auto-dialing vs having me press the "CALL" button, or "close on dial" just make this a very easy and user friendly app.

Also, even though I have added pages to my launcher, i didn't want to have yet one more for these shortcuts when I can have an app running in the background.

But, there is a homebrew version of this app. Why dont you download that and try it out first and if you like it, then buy it! I was happy to pay for this!
    Quick contacts rules! I've been using since early beta and it's just one of my fav apps. The support from the developer is also very good and very quick. It's one of the cards that is always open on my Pre!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Sooo...if you click on a person, and then text that person, it just goes into the standard texting app, right? I am coming from a WinMo background, and every quick contacts type of program always used its own text messaging interface, that's why I am asking.
    Correct, it uses the standard messaging app.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    yes thankfully it just launches the regular messaging app w/ the email addy or sms addy filled in.

I donated $5 for this app a few months back - it was worth that much to me..

-mark
  16.    #16  

Well you can't text or email people from Photo Dialer, that's something pretty important to me. Also, I don't want to clear out a whole launcher page to add people there instead. While what you say is true, I rather have a one does all app instead of having to shift back and forward or coming up with some duct tape repair kind of a way of doing things.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Coming from winmo too, you will like this better. But it isn't what you assume it to be. When you click on a person you can click on teh SMS icon which will open up the default SMS app that comes with the Pre. Quick Contacts doesn't have it's own built in SMS app. It is just a front end that makes it easier to call or text someone.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I too have been using Quick Contacts for a couple months now and have found it to be one of the most useful apps in the Homebrew catalog. Each shortcoming I'd identified seemed to be resolved with each subsequent update. I donated $5 last month and now notice the app is available in the App Catalog for $2.99. Oops!

Has anyone who made an early donation been given instructions as to how to get the registered version of the app? My only complaint at this time are the few extra seconds I have to endure telling me I have X number of days to use the app every time I open it.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Coming from winmo too, you will like this better. But it isn't what you assume it to be. When you click on a person you can click on teh SMS icon which will open up the default SMS app that comes with the Pre. Quick Contacts doesn't have it's own built in SMS app. It is just a front end that makes it easier to call or text someone.
    Yep, that's what I like about it.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Works for me. It's the only card I routinly keep open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast