Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Ok, I bought it. Weird that I got version 0.9.8. which is not listed in his thread. There is a 0.9.7. and a 0.9.11 but not the one I have. Unless I am stupid, but there is no List view in this version. The Preferred Number text is a little high and not centered in its button. I also find the Preferred number feature a little, well, useless, since if that function is enabled, clicking on the contact will dial the person and won't allow you to select text messaging them or emailing them, so I disabled that feature.

Other than that, I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Ok, I bought it. Weird that I got version 0.9.8. which is not listed in his thread. There is a 0.9.7. and a 0.9.11 but not the one I have. Unless I am stupid, but there is no List view in this version. The Preferred Number text is a little high and not centered in its button. I also find the Preferred number feature a little, well, useless, since if that function is enabled, clicking on the contact will dial the person and won't allow you to select text messaging them or emailing them, so I disabled that feature.

Other than that, I love it!
    Yes, you are correct v0.9.8 was never released here but it's the version before it has the list view (v0.9.9). I'll be pushing up the newest version that's here in homebrew as soon as it's gone through some testing by users here.

That version has list view, and you can choose text messaging/emailing as preferred items as well.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    uptempo777:

I noticed that in the screenshots in the app catalog, one of them is in list view without the notepad icon. Is this a new feature? I requested this a bit ago and I was just checking to see if it was there, as I don't see it in the latest homebrew version.

Thanks!

BTW, whenever the latest release (with reordering) hits the app catalog I will buying it - thanks for your work on this!
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    uptempo777:

I noticed that in the screenshots in the app catalog, one of them is in list view without the notepad icon. Is this a new feature? I requested this a bit ago and I was just checking to see if it was there, as I don't see it in the latest homebrew version.

Thanks!

BTW, whenever the latest release (with reordering) hits the app catalog I will buying it - thanks for your work on this!
    If Preferred Dialing is turned Off, then the notepad icon does not show up. From what I remember, you wanted to be able to turn off the notepad icon even with the Preferred Dialing on right? I haven't come up with a way to edit the user though if I take that out.

Aside from that, the other new features are in the Quick Contacts forum.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  5.    #25  
    Ok sweet! One more thing I was wondering about. If I am in details view for a person, and click on the contact icon at the bottom to bring up the Palm contacts app, it automatically takes me to the person I was seeing the details view of. Now, if I change something and then synch it in quick contacts, it takes me to the Palm Contacts app and I have to choose with which person I want to synch it. Why is that? I mean, why doesn't it just update the info for that person automatically, or give me the option if I want to synch it to the same person or another person. Actually, I am not quite sure why I'd want to synch it to another person to begin with?

Call me lazy, but updating something in the Palm Contacts app should only require hitting the synch button in Quick Contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Ok sweet! One more thing I was wondering about. If I am in details view for a person, and click on the contact icon at the bottom to bring up the Palm contacts app, it automatically takes me to the person I was seeing the details view of. Now, if I change something and then synch it in quick contacts, it takes me to the Palm Contacts app and I have to choose with which person I want to synch it. Why is that? I mean, why doesn't it just update the info for that person automatically, or give me the option if I want to synch it to the same person or another person. Actually, I am not quite sure why I'd want to synch it to another person to begin with?

Call me lazy, but updating something in the Palm Contacts app should only require hitting the synch button in Quick Contacts.
    You're absolutely correct but the reason that it exists is because they haven't given developers full access to all of the functions of the SDK to keep the contacts and Quick Contacts in sync. If that were the case, I would program it so there is no sync button at all and it would automatically update. So this is the work around until they give the developers that ability.

Hopefully it's still usable for you until then.

uptempo777
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You're absolutely correct but the reason that it exists is because they haven't given developers full access to all of the functions of the SDK to keep the contacts and Quick Contacts in sync. If that were the case, I would program it so there is no sync button at all and it would automatically update. So this is the work around until they give the developers that ability.

Hopefully it's still usable for you until then.

uptempo777
    Oh yeah...no doubt! I had no idea they limit devs in such a way. Good to know, in that case, you did a good job implementing it!

Love the App!
    Man, I might have to give this a try, keep us updated with your experience.
    I liked it so much, that I bought it for 3 of my families phones after using it on mine.
  10.    #30  
    Yep, it's found a home in my Quick Launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    Works for me. It's the only card I routinly keep open.
    Here...Here!!!!!!...A "must" app!!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Just bought it after reading this thread, sweet app!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12