1.    #1  
    This is a great patch and I have used it myself when my sprint EVDO signal is week and I want to see if I can get a better roaming data signal. But as a sprint service and repair tech I feel the need to CAUTION using the patch constantly. Stated in your contract with sprint: roaming is free of charge. But if you are roaming over 50% of the time Sprint will disconnect your service. They acctually have to pay the other providers rent for using there towers and if you go over 50% roaming you will get a warning from sprint. Followed by disconnection if roaming over continues. You will not be charged for the deactivation fee seeing that it is not your fault your roaming: In most cases, but in the case of this patch it would be your fault. Sprint would have no way of knowing you are using this patch and if you keep it on roam only your 100% roaming and will soon here from sprint regarding your roaming in a letter, email, txt or phone call.
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I use the roam only a lot due to poor service, i will have to keep an eye on it.
    But this raises the important question of if Sprint sells a phone to a person in an area where coverage is terrible, who is really at fault?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    But this raises the important question of if Sprint sells a phone to a person in an area where coverage is terrible, who is really at fault?
    Not sprint's. They don't know if you live out in the sticks where there is no signal...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Doesn't matter. They could setup a store in an area where they have zero coverage and you must roam 100% of the time. In the end, it's in the contract so I don't think they care so long as they don't lose too many customers.

Besides, it's bad business to lose money on your customers .
    I was just thinking about this...my coverage isn't too hot at home so I'm going to try and get one of the 'AirWave' thingies...I'm still in my 30-days so I assume they'll throw me a bone with that?
    Usually if your coverage is bad enough and you get to the right people at Sprint you can get an airrave. Do note that airraves are voice only and do not work with data, so you may still experience data issues, unless you are using WiFi.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  8.    #8  
    if you call customer service and complain about your area you live and have them pull it up, heck even get them to send a tech out to test the area around your home. They have been know to give those airwaives free. 100 buck value. Also on the subject of sprint canceling. this is why they dont charge you for deactivation on you line. Its not your fault that your roaming that much. They would rather give you a airwave for free than have to pay out the hoo hoo to other carriers for the roaming charges. You must have dsl to use the airwaive but it is great and it sends out a signal 5000sq/ft so you will have great reception from the moment you pull into your driveway. check it out and even try to get one for free is you think you can push the customer service people to do it. I have personally seen people call in my location and get one for free.
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH