1.    #1  
    I'm pretty surprised that someone hasn't begun development on some all-in-one IM client like Beejive on the blackberry. I know this would duplicate the threaded IM client currently on stock webos, but it would serve to rectify the issues that exist with it and pushing competition further. Is an issue with the sdk? I am a curious person.
    There is one in development, it was posted here maybe a week ago. Forget what it's called though. The homebrew people have also already shown that it's possible to have Yahoo and Windows Live with the built in messaging app, just install via WebOS Quick Install, and you're set.
    +1 ^^ What he said. Do a search for msn client and you'll find the thread for ICQ, Yahoo and MSN Live.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yeah I think its called alpine. It also lets you record videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksniper404 View Post
    Yeah I think its called alpine. It also lets you record videos.
    Wow, that's news to me. Last I heard, the barely working opensource video cam software I posted many weeks ago was the last news I've heard about video recording on the pre

Anyway here's the messaging plugin: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Wow, that's news to me. Last I heard, the barely working opensource video cam software I posted many weeks ago was the last news I've heard about video recording on the pre

Anyway here's the messaging plugin: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html
    Yeah but it said that it was for sharing with your friends so I'm thinking you wouldn't be able to save them.
  7.    #7  

Thanks I might try out these plugins. Also, I did a search for alpine and I didn't find any relevant information here on the forums. Do you have a link to the thread you are talking about?
    Agile Mobile - MSN, ICQ, AIM, XMPP, IMPS, Google Talk & Yahoo! Messenger for Palm Pre is coming and I won't be surprised if Shapeservices is already working on IM+ for WebOS.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Agile Mobile - MSN, ICQ, AIM, XMPP, IMPS, Google Talk & Yahoo! Messenger for Palm Pre is coming and I won't be surprised if Shapeservices is already working on IM+ for WebOS.
    Thanks for some reason I thought it was alpine lol.
    Ah, and it's just photo sharing not video
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Glad that Agile is working on a Pre version of the app. I hope Beejive would create something as well.

However, I would like Palm to deliver its own due to better integration. Let's hope the next update will have it.
    Ah, and it's just photo sharing not video
    Video Messaging
    See something crazy? Video record it and instantly send it to any of your MSN®, Yahoo®, ICQ®, AIM® and Google Talk® buddies.
    It claims it does video sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    It claims it does video sharing.
    heh, I had javascript disabled and that part was obscured. Interesting, considering there's no proper video container for camera-recorded video. This certainly put an interesting spin on things
    One more coming up : Mundu
    Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  15.    #15  
    Wow thanks for all the useful information guys. This really sort of made my day. I was kind of angry at how the pre seems to lack all these power I'm features found in other phones. Nice to see I was wrong. I can't wait.