1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,
    I notice that my Pre will just randomly turn off for no reason.
    It'll just say "Palm" on the screen and get dimmer then lighter. All for about 3 minutes, then go back to it's regular mode. Does anyone elses Pre do this?
    It could be a battery issue. My pre would randomly turn off while in its case. A sprint store ordered me a new battery and I have had 0 issues since.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvshyper1 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I notice that my Pre will just randomly turn off for no reason.
    It'll just say "Palm" on the screen and get dimmer then lighter. All for about 3 minutes, then go back to it's regular mode.
    It sounds like your phone is resetting. Can you clarify what's happening? Does you phone turn off and then immediately begin to reset when you turn it back on? Or does you phone spontaneously reset without you touching it? Also, have you installed patches? If so, have you tried uninstalling any you've added since this behavior began and running the repair utility? (Process of elimination)
    i just ordered a replacement Pre, and when I it arrived, this issue began with mine also. Although its not random, it happens about every 5 minutes no matter what. I took it to a sprint store last night. they had it for 3 hours, did a hard reset, and even gave me a new battery. I took it home, and now its still doing it. It is updated to the new 1.2.1 version, and its obviously not the battery... (what are the chances of 2 def. batteries in a row?) It happens while i'm using it, or if i'm not even touching it... is it a defective phone or is there something else I can try?
    Mine just starting doing the same thing today. It shuts off (rather than going to sleep) in its case, but seems to only do so when it's been sleeping for more than 10 min or so. Very weird. But yeah, when I turn it back on, I get the Palm screen and it completely restarts. So annoying! I'm leaving town for the weekend so won't be able to hit a Sprint store until next week