Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ...So I just downloaded ToppleBall and I love the use of the accelerometer. I never had an iPhone or iPod or anything, so this accelerometer is a cool toy to play with.

What are the best games/applications that use it? I would love more games like ToppleBall...

I understand that the accel's refresh rate is rather slow - something like 4 times/sec - but there's still gotta be good games or something that use it!
    check out rollerball.. cool too.
    I have to say, apps that incorporate the "shake function" to perform/initiate a task/event are highly annoying to me... yeah, it's a "neato" feature, but leave it for the apps that can utilize it in a functional way (like Toppleball)... I'm not too keen on shaking a $500 electronics device for something that could be a button or menu item.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    check out rollerball.. cool too.
    Not working in the Preware repository right now...

Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I'm not too keen on shaking a $500 electronics device for something that could be a button or menu item.
    I agree! I don't think I've actually seen any good uses of the "shake"...
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    I don't think I've actually seen any good uses of the "shake"...
    I used a "shake" to lock the screen in GiftJammer and I think it works pretty well - and it can be disabled too (since I also find stuff like this annoying at times). I know I'm biased (disclaimer - I am the dev of GiftJammer) but I think it does show in the right application it can be used well (outside of games too)
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Why do you shake it to lock the screen? In case somebody is looking over your shoulder?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Why do you shake it to lock the screen? In case somebody is looking over your shoulder?
    exactly. i had first used a button but i figured if somebody "surprised" you and you just wanted to quickly lock the app that a "shake" was better than trying to hit a button
    That seems like a good use to me.... and it's a selectable option as well.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    That seems like a good use to me.... and it's a selectable option as well.
    Agreed on both fronts. I think you just got another customer, moser!
    Topple Ball is about it. I loved it until the creator made some changes ( no offense) couldnt get through a level. No big deal , I am waiting for a cool game to $$$$. I have no issue shaking the phone. That's what insurance is for...~