freudian therapist
    shape calculator
    photo fun - spot the difference
    top stocks
    pack n track
    baby bump
    GoMoKu
    quick contacts
    Last edited by jmakar169; 10/21/2009 at 02:48 PM.
    attack of the dictionary...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    ROFL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    No kidding...and have you seen the prices??

$49.99 for French - English Medical Dictionary
    Wow, $20 per dictionary and $10 for a one-language dictionary.

Ouch.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Just use keytoss....for your dictionary......."d <word you want to look up>" very fast
    $8 for Pack 'n' Track (I think they misunderstood how to use a 'n but I digress)! Wow. Hopefully we'll see more competition on the phone soon to drive down these prices.
    poor dev, I am doubtful of the roi for these in the near term.
    Yeah only usefull app for me is pack n track.... 8.00 is a little steep though when I can just go to ups.com and check my package... I STILL WANT MY MUSIC ID APP LIKE MIDOMI FOR THE IPHONE. That I will pay for with a smile on my face.. No need for a 50.00 dictionary for me..
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I can just google anything from my Pre if I need a language dictionary vs paying $15 per language lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    $8 for Pack 'n' Track (I think they misunderstood how to use a 'n but I digress)! Wow. Hopefully we'll see more competition on the phone soon to drive down these prices.
    Apostrophes are used in place where letters are omitted. What's wrong with "'n'" which has two omitted letters? What does The Elements of Style have to say about this matter? hehe (I'm not saying 'n' is definitively right or wrong; I honestly don't know, but I thought nothing of it until your post.)

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Apostrophes are used in place where letters are omitted. What's wrong with "'n'" which has two omitted letters? What does The Elements of Style have to say about this matter? hehe (I'm not saying 'n' is definitively right or wrong; I honestly don't know, but I thought nothing of it until your post.)
    When creating contractions, you don't necessarily replace each missing letting with an apostrophe.

For example, you wouldn't create a contraction of "could have" with "could''ve". You use "could've" instead.

A contraction uses an apostrophe when one or more letters or numbers are omitted; it's not limited to just one.

However, "Pack 'n' Track" is a little odd because it takes a letter from the beginning and the end of a word. I believe "Pack 'n Track" would be more correct (at least that's how I've always seen the contraction used in that situation) but I don't know for sure.

So, I could be wrong here, but I think it sounds and looks better with 1 apostrophe.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Wheres the Shaazam and Facebook apps!!??
    Did I miss something? Did google, dictionary.com, and babble fish all go down?
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Wheres the Shaazam and Facebook apps!!??
    There is no microphone API in the SDK therefore Shaazam cannot exist in the App Catalog until Palm either adds an appropriate API or they build something special just for Shaazam.

Facebook app was scheduled to come with the Pixi comes out, which will be next month I believe.
    228 App. Palm only has 50 more to go to have as many as Homebrew!

Now if they could just catch up on the 78 patches.

- Craig
    If the price goes down for the french english dictionary I'll def be picking that up, would be extremly useful for school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    When creating contractions, you don't necessarily replace each missing letting with an apostrophe.

For example, you wouldn't create a contraction of "could have" with "could''ve". You use "could've" instead.

A contraction uses an apostrophe when one or more letters or numbers are omitted; it's not limited to just one.

However, "Pack 'n' Track" is a little odd because it takes a letter from the beginning and the end of a word. I believe "Pack 'n Track" would be more correct (at least that's how I've always seen the contraction used in that situation) but I don't know for sure.

So, I could be wrong here, but I think it sounds and looks better with 1 apostrophe.
    I always thought it was: n'
    Like Jack n' Jill
    Five n' Dime
    Seven o'clock
    etc etc etc
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Palm created a twitter account to announce new apps for the store:

Palm App Catalog (PalmNewApps) on Twitter
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Palm created a twitter account to announce new apps for the store:

Palm App Catalog (PalmNewApps) on Twitter
    and they use Tweetie?? i thought it was iphone & mac only... why not a pre client? or web???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast