Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    $8 for Pack 'n' Track (I think they misunderstood how to use a 'n but I digress)! Wow. Hopefully we'll see more competition on the phone soon to drive down these prices.
    The 'n' is correct. The apostrophes replace the "a" and the "d" in "and". 'n would be the replacement for a word ending in "n". Like many grammar rules these days, this is often done wrong. Whoever picked the name for the above app did it correctly, though, so I was very glad to see that!

I even knew a teacher several years ago who was putting up a Web site for her class and had "3's and 4's" (the kids' ages) typed out on it! Little kids aren't taught grammar, of course, but still, if you're going to be a teacher, you should know these things!

My grammar isn't perfect, but I cringe when I see folks write things like "grant it" (the word is "granted"), "wala" or "wa-la" or "wah-lah" (the word is "voila"), and other things I can't think of right now.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    intensive purposes
    I could care less
    atm machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
    intensive purposes
    I could care less
    atm machine
    Haha, yes! Especially that first one. Those must be some real intense purposes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    The 'n' is correct. The apostrophes replace the "a" and the "d" in "and". 'n would be the replacement for a word ending in "n". Like many grammar rules these days, this is often done wrong. Whoever picked the name for the above app did it correctly, though, so I was very glad to see that!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    What Bags said makes sense. What you're doing is equating hyphens to apostrophes, which is wrong. A hyphen "is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    What Bags said makes sense. What you're doing is equating hyphens to apostrophes, which is wrong. A hyphen "is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word."
    What I am doing is digesting a Double-Double. What is wrong is you reading so much into a mere sign post.
    What I am doing is digesting a Double-Double. What is wrong is you reading so much into a mere sign post.
    Don't underestimate yourself! What you have done is inspire me to write to In-N-Out and inform them that they need to change their name to In-'n'-Out. I anxiously awaiting their response and anticipate immediate action on their part to rectify this dire situation. Missing letters AND joining of words calls for hyphens and apostrophes! This is a call to action, my brothers!

I salute you.

/Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    228 App. Palm only has 50 more to go to have as many as Homebrew!

Now if they could just catch up on the 78 patches.

- Craig
    That all depends on where you live.....

If your a Canadian Pre user the App catalog sits at around 114 apps as of Oct 22/09 and we don't have a way to purchase any...which is probably a good thing as the apps look WAYYYYYY overpriced compared to the ones I was buying for the iTouch of mine.

I think the devs need to give their heads a shake. Until the apps are at least as good as the iPhone ones (i don't mean the garbage apps...I mean the ones people use)....they should NOT be charging more than 99cents.

Not sure...but maybe the easy dev cycle under the webOS is attracting everybody and his dog thinking they can make an easy buck.
    Devs for the iphone can mostly get away with charging $1 because they have a much larger audience... its economies of scale to a certain degree
    Just looking around I see the most expensive app in the App Store is $899.00. That's a lot of cheeseburgers.

The 10 Most Expensive iPhone Apps (AAPL)

The Palm App Catalog was not included in the report below:

Report: BlackBerry’s App World is the most expensive app store*|*Edible Apple
    I really like that new Notes App. It'd be even better if

-I could manually sort notes within a category. Right now it's alphabetical
    -If the category wasn't repeated beneath the title of every note, even in the category page
    -If I could make the categories remain open. it's especially annoying when you're backing out of one just to go into another in the same category.

Is there any reason to use the $3 Photo Dialer over the free one that's already in the catalog? Does it load any faster?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    4:20 wallpaper just updated..... hopefully a new line up of apps is coming up shortly.
    Sign post?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123