1.    #1  
    The clock on my Pre was ten minutes slow this morning.

Yes, TEN MINUTES off from real time. I was almost late to work, as I thought I had extra time to take care of a couple minor things around the house before I went out the door. Then I happened to glance at the wall clock and noticed the discrepancy.

It fixed itself when I went into time & date preferences to confirm that yes, it was set to use network time. (It was already set to use network time; the clock immediately fixed when I just opened the pref page)

What the hell? I have had numerous cel phones and never ONCE has the time been wrong on them. They should be synchronized to the cel network, which should always have the correct time.

What the hell? Now I can't rely on my Pre for the correct time until I find out what's going on.

Has anyone else seen this?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I've seen it on plenty of different Palm phones. My 755P did it as well as my 700 and 650. Sometimes the display does not refresh?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I've seen it on lots of phones... but as the above poster wondered, it's always just been a display issue (for me anyway).
    I mentioned this to Palm on their development forum.

Basically the clock will become off by 1-2 minutes a day. I really notice this on my touchstone (haven't tested my theory without it very much). Palm only verifies and updates network time once per restart so it never corrects itself.

Restarting your phone once a day is a way around it but it's very annoying. While, I believe, this is faulty hardware with the device that keeps time (common on many cell phones), Palm could easily update via network time once a day. Hell, they could include a button that says "Update Now" to do it too.

The Pre's issues are NOT display issues unless you're referring to a difference between the screensaver time and the phone's actual time (which sometimes varies by a minutes or so).
    I had that happen to the calendar. Wrong date.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have found the clock/time off on my Pre also. I have noticed that if I have Data switched to OFF and the Wifi shuts down being on the TS, then the clock will begin to lose time. If I switch Data to ON then I do not get this effect when the Pre is on the TS and the time stays spot-on.

I guess if there is no Data or Wifi then the clock loses its ability to sync to the networks and it begins to have an Einsteinian moment and slows down.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    The clock on my Pre was ten minutes slow this morning.

Yes, TEN MINUTES off from real time. I was almost late to work, as I thought I had extra time to take care of a couple minor things around the house before I went out the door. Then I happened to glance at the wall clock and noticed the discrepancy.

It fixed itself when I went into time & date preferences to confirm that yes, it was set to use network time. (It was already set to use network time; the clock immediately fixed when I just opened the pref page)

What the hell? I have had numerous cel phones and never ONCE has the time been wrong on them. They should be synchronized to the cel network, which should always have the correct time.

What the hell? Now I can't rely on my Pre for the correct time until I find out what's going on.

Has anyone else seen this?
    Yep. It happened to me last week exactly the same way as you, except that it had fixed itself when i checked again after.
    Happened to me as well. It somehow did fix itself after a little while however...