Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In the long run, it can't cost that much for a little bit of plastic with a sign on it. Or even if they left the $ sign they could at least have the show when you press the $ key!
    Quote Originally Posted by steve5424 View Post
    In the long run, it can't cost that much for a little bit of plastic with a sign on it. Or even if they left the $ sign they could at least have the show when you press the $ key!
    Is there no symbol shown on the screen then????
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazikev24 View Post
    Is there no symbol shown on the screen then????
    there is if you open the SYM menu, right at the bottom

but WHY would you choose regional settings to be UK, and have the $ sign? :S
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    My biggest complaint is O2's 3G coverage in the UK. I have no 3G at home 7 miles out of the county town of Kent which doesn't bother me so much as I use wi-fi at home. I also have poor network coverage at home (1-2 bars) so the battery drains very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    there is if you open the SYM menu, right at the bottom

but WHY would you choose regional settings to be UK, and have the $ sign? :S
    I've said this before on another thread but this is exactly the same as the sitiuation on all the Treo range over the years, why would you expect different.

Besides, I find I type the $ symbol a lot more than and I would want almost as often as . I don't often talk about money but I email code snippets to people all the time. What I find more annoying is the absence of a \ key but I've learned to live with that over the years too.
    "Cloud sync'ing" is nice thing, no doubt..... BUT!

Gimme ol'good sync to desktop, esp., to my akonadi based KDE linux! & pls., do this soon, dear Palm!
    I wouldn't do without my pre.although i don't know if it is just my phone but every time i install preware after a few days i get phone offline in top left corner then it ends up freezing tried reebooting to no avail!had to use webos doctor to scrub my pre however have since installed apps via webos quick install and had no problem so i just do without preware its not worth the grief!
    would be nice to know what the phone number is......its not written down anywhere, which is weird.......
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The amount of PIN attempts is not set by the device's Operating System, but by the SIM itself at the discretion of the service provider. T-Mobile gives you three tries, but I'm not certain what other providers give you. I assume it's three also, but may be different.

If you lock your SIM by typing in too many incorrect numbers, a call to your service provider will solve the problem.

Cheers! :d
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    would be nice to know what the phone number is......its not written down anywhere, which is weird.......
    If you go to system info the phone number is listed there
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Europe is a far bigger market for Palm overall.
    Tell that to Palm, after the release in Germany, UK, Ireland & Spain they went totally silent again... No other countries announced at all. I still think Palm is hurting themselves by limiting their market.
    just updated to 1.3.1, was hoping that i would finally be able to download through the browser. OR NOT, as the case may be. "unable to find handler for..." can anyone shed light on this issue??? is it just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by steve5424 View Post
    If you go to system info the phone number is listed there
    I assume you mean device info? I've looked in there but my number field is still blank.

Have wondered since I got my Pre why my number doesn't show up!
    Where can I get an unlocked GSM Pre in the US?
    <still reading through the hundreds of posts since my last visit to the forum>

Thanks,

Greg
    Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    will be coming later this year to AT according to an article on pocket now. I would guess late spring early summer.
    If it's truly unlocked, then I want to just migrate my SIM from my Treo650 into the Pre.
    Will THIS be possible?

I'm on T-Mobile.

Greg
    There is no word of an Unlocked Pre. The first GSM Pre to hit the US will be for AT&T. Which cannot come soon enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    There is no word of an Unlocked Pre. The first GSM Pre to hit the US will be for AT&T. Which cannot come soon enough for me.
    I'd rather just buy one in Europe and swap my T-mobile SIM card in.

Why is Palm going the same route as the i-phone? Didn't work out too well for Apple.

Greg
    I've done a search for this topic/issue but wasn't able to find anything. Is there a patch/homebrew/fix to increase system sound volume? When my headset/headphones are plugged in, the alert volume is lower than when they're not plugged in. Any info, thanks!
    HOLY CRAP FIX THE PDF VIEWER, I need support for adobe distiller 4.0 you only go down to 5.5. Thats not good enough! PLEASE!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast