Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    I said it when this was first posted - check the Carrier APN database. Some of the entries in there are wrong, I'm sure of it.
    I have seen another post on here talking about APN database on the Pre and where to find it, along with someone claiming success with getting data working. They are however talking about 1.1.3 (Germany) and 1.2.1 (US) and not 1.1.2 (UK).

It seems we are missing some things including the code for blinking gesture area for notifications that were introduced in 1.1.3.
    GriffinX is using an Irish O2 Prepay though...
    GriffinX is using an Irish O2 Prepay though...
    Aaaaah - if it is the same there as it is here, you will not get any data on an O2 prepay. I fell into that trap when I got the prepay sim with unlimited data and texts, only to find out that the Pre will not work for data with a prepay sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Hi,
    I have an Irish Prepay O2 pre which is locked to the O2 network.
    I have an Irish Meteor post pay SIM into which I cut the notch and inserted it into my pre
    Gx
    by Prepay O2 Pre, do you mean the standard O2 Pre? In the UK they are not technically for sale off contract so there may be some difference. It seems odd that O2 Ireland are selling prepay when they will not work for data with a prepay sim.

:/
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    by Prepay O2 Pre, do you mean the standard O2 Pre? In the UK they are not technically for sale off contract so there may be some difference. It seems odd that O2 Ireland are selling prepay when they will not work for data with a prepay sim.

:/
    O2 Ireland advertise a locked handset for around 420 Euro. on a pre-pay SIM deal.
    I am looking through the CarrierNetworkSettings database and there is a result in there for IRL - METEOR.

It has no value for smsEmailGateway
    It does have values for mmscWapGateway and mmscURL

Not sure what relevance this has to anything, just sharing what I can see...
    It WORKS........YEAHHHHHH

sorry 'bout that!!

Ok, so I set my the Rebel SIM to mode 3 on the old Nokia and put it back into the Pre, rebooted and immeditately it connected to the Meteor IRL network with voice & data.

I think jackofspeed is correct...I hadn't deleted the network keys..perhaps this is why it wasn't working previously

Gx
  8.    #88  
    GriffenX says he has a Pre bought on the o2 deal, but he is attempting to use a Meteor contract SIM in it. He is using the Rebel to counteract the lock, which is fine. However if I understand correctly, his data connection fails.

If you look in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post1989904
    You can get a list of all the data setting in the GSM pre. if you search for Meteor, you find that the username and password are set to "hs_null".
    This thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html
    Explains that the current theory si that if it has "hs_null" shown, it does not have correct ro current data settings for that network.

Therefore, I would assume that GriffinX's problem lies with the pre not having appropriate data settings, not with the Rebel. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $no$-$one$ $has$ $discovered$ $how$ $to$ $manually$ $add$ $data$ $settings$ $yet$, $it$ $is$ $expected$ $in$ $1$.$3$, $sometime$ $before$ $Christmas$. $How$ $he$ $will$ $get$ $this$ $update$ $without$ $a$ $data$ $connection$ $is$ $another$ $problem$ - $presumably$ $wifi$...

I would summarise that Paul's problem *may* be a frak occurance, and the rebel continues to work. griffinX's problem is not Rebel related. Anyone agree with my logic?

sorry 'bout that!!

Ok, so I set my the Rebel SIM to mode 3 on the old Nokia and put it back into the Pre, rebooted and immeditately it connected to the Meteor IRL network with voice & data.

I think jackofspeed is correct...I hadn't deleted the network keys..perhaps this is why it wasn't working previously

Gx
    Yay!

Now, looking into these settings, is it possible that we can edit one row to imitate another row to get it working directly?

Example: we have all the data for o2 contract, and a separate row with different details for o2 prepay. Worth emulating the data for contract in prepay to try o2 prepay pre?

Hmmm. Maybe one for tomorrow.

sorry 'bout that!!

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed View Post
    GriffenX says he has a Pre bought on the o2 deal, but he is attempting to use a Meteor contract SIM in it. He is using the Rebel to counteract the lock, which is fine. However if I understand correctly, his data connection fails.

If you look in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post1989904
    You can get a list of all the data setting in the GSM pre. if you search for Meteor, you find that the username and password are set to "hs_null".
    This thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html
    Explains that the current theory si that if it has "hs_null" shown, it does not have correct ro current data settings for that network.

Therefore, I would assume that GriffinX's problem lies with the pre not having appropriate data settings, not with the Rebel. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $no$-$one$ $has$ $discovered$ $how$ $to$ $manually$ $add$ $data$ $settings$ $yet$, $it$ $is$ $expected$ $in$ $1$.$3$, $sometime$ $before$ $Christmas$. $How$ $he$ $will$ $get$ $this$ $update$ $without$ $a$ $data$ $connection$ $is$ $another$ $problem$ - $presumably$ $wifi$...

I would summarise that Paul's problem *may* be a frak occurance, and the rebel continues to work. griffinX's problem is not Rebel related. Anyone agree with my logic?
    That makes sense, however I have the carrier settings database open and have an option to add rows to the db. Not sure what impact that would have though?

It seems we are missing some things including the code for blinking gesture area for notifications that were introduced in 1.1.3.
    You should be on 1.1.3. Click updates and you'll be brought to 1.1.3.

Gx
  12.    #92  
    Anydata connections GriffinX, or have you proved me right and wrong all at the same time?
    You should be on 1.1.3. Click updates and you'll be brought to 1.1.3.

Gx
    Nope, says I am up to date on 1.1.2.

Are you showing 1.1.3?
    Last edited by paulhelyerpre; 10/27/2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot to ask
  14.    #94  
    UK/Irish Pre difference, perhaps? I was pretty sure they would be the same however.

Alternatively, perhaps update servers restrict updates to o2 IP addresses? Worrying suggestion...

Are you showing 1.1.3?
    Yes I'm 1.1.3...updated about a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed View Post
    Anydata connections GriffinX, or have you proved me right and wrong all at the same time?
    I thought I was out of the woods..The 3G symbol has changed back to R (of its own accord) so now I no longer have data working.

I think the next thing is to start looking into the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 database

Gx
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    I thought I was out of the woods..The 3G symbol has changed back to R (of its own accord) so now I no longer have data working.

I think the next thing is to start looking into the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 database

Gx
    Paul - no change for you, right? You're still up and running?

This is SO odd.
    Allyn (and others) - please remember :
    Paul is on a UK spec O2 Pre on a UK network
    Griffinx is on an Irish spec. O2 Pre on an Irish network

Two totally different systems...the two O2s are related only by money, not by anything else.
    Allyn (and others) - please remember :
    Paul is on a UK spec O2 Pre on a UK network
    Griffinx is on an Irish spec. O2 Pre on an Irish network

Two totally different systems...the two O2s are related only by money, not by anything else.
    Maybe 1.1.2 vs 1.1.3 has something to do with it?

I am stable here, have had no further scares.

Does anyone know about the workings of this type of phone with regards to the database? Should it be a case of confirming the carriers details with the database?

Gx
    I rebooted the phone and its stable for the past hour. I know the APN needs to be updated..its currently using an old one (which still works) but Meteor has added a new APN.
    MMS isnt working either but I think thats a CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 issue too.
    Meteor's network is growing so they are changing things regularly.

Gx
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast