Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Wow, I wonder what caused it both Griffinx's and paulhelyerpre's Pre to do this? ..and both on the same day, within the same couple of hours?? thats gotta be coincidence, surely.

Keep us posted Paul, good luck!
    Are there others using the RebelSIM in the Pre who DIDN'T have this happen to them? Now that would be interesting...

I just wonder if it's in any way network related? People using the Pre on O2 - not messing about with the RebelSIM - any reported network difficulties?
    Alllllrightythennnnn.

It is working again. Using mode 1 on the Rebel Sim I am back on 3g with T-Mobile. Not sure what happened earlier, it is odd that both Griffinx and I had the same thing at the same time, but if you are there Griffinx, it would be interesting to see whether yours is back up yet?

After a day of panic, I can finally stay late at the office to catch up on the work I have missed.

Yipeee for the working Pre
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    SO bizarre!!!!

What a sigh of relief. I thought I had just paid for a very expensive brick. I know there are pitfalls to being an early adopter, but I didn't expect the panic to hit so soon! Paul. if I could stay late and do the work for you, I would. So grateful.

Thank you!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by allyn274 View Post
    SO bizarre!!!!

What a sigh of relief. I thought I had just paid for a very expensive brick. I know there are pitfalls to being an early adopter, but I didn't expect the panic to hit so soon! Paul. if I could stay late and do the work for you, I would. So grateful.

Thank you!!!!!!!!
    How is your HTML?
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    Mediocre. But I'm a quick study!
    only a little better than me then...
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    How is your HTML?
    HTML, xHTML or full-on XML ? (I used to teach them all
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    HTML, xHTML or full-on XML ? (I used to teach them all
    Oooooh, get you

Working on some HTML5 atm
    Last edited by paulhelyerpre; 10/27/2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Smiley stupidity
    Oooooh, get you

Working on some HTML5 atm
    Just let me know if I can help (better be quick though - my Pre and Rebel are due tomorrow)
    Alllllrightythennnnn.

It is working again. Using mode 1 on the Rebel Sim I am back on 3g with T-Mobile. Not sure what happened earlier, it is odd that both Griffinx and I had the same thing at the same time, but if you are there Griffinx, it would be interesting to see whether yours is back up yet?
    I'm afraid mine still isn't working...then again nothing has changed at this end. Re mode 1, do I need to set this on the Rebel SIM and if so how do I?

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I'm afraid mine still isn't working...then again nothing has changed at this end. Re mode 1, do I need to set this on the Rebel SIM and if so how do I?

Gx
    Judging by the Rebel Sim website , you need to put the Rebel into another phone and get the Rebel Sim menu to appear on that.

Gx
    I did not have the option to change the settings on the pre, but when I put the rebel into my crackberry, it had a menu item for the rebel sim listing 12 modes. I just chose mode 1, pulled the sim and whacked them back into the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Just let me know if I can help (better be quick though - my Pre and Rebel are due tomorrow)
    Thanks, but it's all good - I have another 90 minutes before I need to pick my wife up from the train station. May as well put the time to good use and stay late / play on the Pre
    Ok so I put the Rebel SIM into an old Nokia and was able to change the mode to 1.

This didn't work when I put it back in the pre...it didn't recognise the network at all, said No Service SOS only. I selected my network manually but still doesnt work fully..... no data.

I'll try all the modes up to 12 and see if any of them works in the pre.

Gx
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Wow, I wonder what caused it both Griffinx's and paulhelyerpre's Pre to do this? ..and both on the same day, within the same couple of hours?? thats gotta be coincidence, surely.

Keep us posted Paul, good luck!
    Ok so I put the Rebel SIM into an old Nokia and was able to change the mode to 1.

This didn't work when I put it back in the pre...it didn't recognise the network at all, said No Service SOS only. I selected my network manually but still doesnt work fully..... no data.

I'll try all the modes up to 12 and see if any of them works in the pre.

Gx
    Is there a difference between the kind of Pre you have and what Paul might have? Of could it be T-Mobile as opposed to whatever network you're using? Were you fully up and running at one point?
    Is there a difference between the kind of Pre you have and what Paul might have? Of could it be T-Mobile as opposed to whatever network you're using? Were you fully up and running at one point?
    Mine is
    Palm WebOS 1.1.3
    Configuration - World Ready 1.0 (whatever that means)
    Model P100UEU
  17.    #77  
    Did you delete the network keys by switching to another network manually with your nokia, as Paul explained in his video?
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    And ultimately on T-Mobile UK, right?
    Hi,
    I just got my Rebel SIM Card in the post and tried it in my pre. Here are the results.

I have an Irish Prepay O2 pre which is locked to the O2 network.
    I have an Irish Meteor post pay SIM into which I cut the notch and inserted it into my pre
    The pre booted and connected to the Meteor network.
    An R symbol appeared where the 3G symbol normally is...as far as I know this means that the pre thinks its roaming.
    I can make outgoing calls OK
    I cannot receive any incoming calls..they immediately divert to voicemail
    I have NO INTERNET DATA Connection. Data doesn't work at all even though I've tried toggling some of the network settings.

I also tried flashing to Sprint 1.2 but things there were even worse. With the Rebel SIM inserted, the phone kept losing the carrier and reconnecting in an endless cycle.

So for now, Rebel is not a workable option for me.

Gx
    I said it when this was first posted - check the Carrier APN database. Some of the entries in there are wrong, I'm sure of it.
    And ultimately on T-Mobile UK, right?
    Yep
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast