Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    What does one do if the Carrier (in this case FIDO in Canada) does not exist in these CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file?

Also is anyone here using RebelSIM ever experienced the phone showing "R" roaming mode which was then corrected once the carrier settings were adjusted (because you could not manually adjust the APN settings)?
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney88 View Post
    Do you kno if this is supposed to work with at&t as well??
    Does not work with AT&T 64K or with AT&T 128K SIM's.

Awaiting delivery of "Cingular" 64K and 32K SIM's for testing.

Thanks,
    Barry
    Seriously
    Can anyone here give me one of their experiences with the Pre a Rebel Sim and how they got rid of the Roaming "R" symbol?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    Can anyone here give me one of their experiences with the Pre a Rebel Sim and how they got rid of the Roaming "R" symbol?
    ^ Toggle the data from on/off status to kind of 'refresh' it. If that fails, just restart luna. Not a great option but I'm pretty sure it will do the trick.
    What does "Restart Luna" mean and how does one do this?
    beast did you try the amended db3 I posted in another thread.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    What does "Restart Luna" mean and how does one do this?
    Luna is palms name for the interface. When you restart luna its just the "software" not the entire phone shutting down ad restarting. It also does rescans and restarts just java.

Also see: http://forums.precentral.net/general...l-restart.html
    On holiday in South Africa.

Rebel working perfectly with a local Vodacom SIM.

Gx
    Fido issue. My Nokia E51, O2 XDA Atom, Centro, all goes roaming. That's because you're always roaming on the Rogers network. Happens even if you're not using a Rebel SIM.

Hit *#123#, and it will tell you if you're roaming. If not then you're fine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Thanks I tried that code and even though my phone says I am roaming, the Fido network sent me a message that I am not...
    I'm moving to Republic of Moldova for a period... I already tested the Pre in MD but with both provider (Orange MD and Moldcell) I can only make phone calls. No activation (I activated here in Italy with Wind), cannot send SMS (but I can receive) and no 3G, no data connection, no internet...

Does anybody know if using a TURBOSIM or a REBEL SIM I can obtain all these services for the PRE? Anyone else using a Rebel or Turbo in an unlocked O2 German PRE in a country where the Pre is not supported?

btw, using my SIM from Italy (with WIND) in roaming works perfectly! This means that both operators support all these service
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I have been running with RSC with Orange UK since Nov 2009 - no issues but may jump ship to T-Mob if Orange do not offer me a good renewal deal.

How are all of you T-Mobile UK users getting on?
  14.    #334  
    c_man:

I've been running with the RSC on t-mo since launch in November. I've had no trouble whatsoever, although the phone is sometimes iffy with 3G connections when you're switching in an out of wi-fi coverage. Don't know if this is down to the RSC or not, but it's rare, and switching aeroplane mode on and off seems to fix it.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Thanks jackofspeed!
    As for the iffyness, I get that too on Orange, but like you said, a quick toggle of something does the trick. I normally toggle data on/off .

Thanks for the reply, I shall look into T-Mobile tarrifs, there are some decent ones out there, will have them lined up should Orange not want to keep me .
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Okay, my RSC seems to have died (last night).

I have been using it on Orange UK, successfully, since November.

Now all I get it "SOS Only" in the top left.

I was in a underground location and hence no reception/signal could be obtained. Normally reception is quick to return as soon as a signal is found. However, last night, reception never came back.

Today I have tried putting my SIM card and RSC in a unlocked phone, re-setting the network keys, switching the mode from 1 to 3 and back to 1.

But no luck. Still "SOS Only".
    In the past, when this has happened, I have rebooted the Pre to be greeted by the "Enter Network Unlock Code" screen, and in this scenario, the resetting of network keys and mode toggle has worked.

But in this instance, the Pre boots up fine, but just stays in "SOS Only" mode....

Any ideas please? I hate not having a phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Okay, my RSC seems to have died (last night).

I have been using it on Orange UK, successfully, since November.
    I've seen some reports of problems with the Orange UK network today...might be a network fault which hasn't been resolved yet.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    I've seen some reports of problems with the Orange UK network today...might be a network fault which hasn't been resolved yet.
    Thanks for the intel - where did you see this?
    EDIT: Okay I did a quick search: orange no signal - Google Search
    But I cannot click any of the links in the Google results as its all restricted from my office.

Not sure how widespread the problem is and all other Orange UK users that I know of are not experiencing any problems at all. Normal service.

I really hope the RSC is not completely dead.... unfortunately it seems like it...
    I use RSC on 3, still working totally fine. Have rebooted today.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Update for anyone who cares:

I think it is actually my SIM card that is dead. It doesnt work in other unlocked phones. But the RSC DOES work in my Pre with another Orange SIM. Phew.... (now to get a new SIM from Orange).