Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyll05 View Post
    will the upcoming 1.3.1 update stop the rebel sim from working?
    Nope, I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 with the RSC in my Pre.

1.3.1 should install in similar fashion - no hiccups whatsoever.

In any case, we'll all know within the next hour or so....
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Nope, I upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 with the RSC in my Pre.

1.3.1 should install in similar fashion - no hiccups whatsoever.

In any case, we'll all know within the next hour or so....
    lol, i m downloading it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyll05 View Post
    lol, i m downloading it now.
    I'm currently installing it so will report if the RSC is still working with the update as soon as it's done
    Updated to 1.3.1 with no problems and I can confirm RSC works ok with the new version
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillae View Post
    Updated to 1.3.1 with no problems and I can confirm RSC works ok with the new version
    Hi guys,

I have just bought a palm from O2 and used RebelSim on it, it worked perfectly until I upgrade to 1.3 yesterday. Now data is not working at all ( 2g or 3G ) wifi Works.

I tried changing mode on the RebelSim (put it on my nokia phone because it didn't show on the palm - or I couldn't find it? ) and changed to mode 10 without luck.

Aquillae : are you using it in which mode?

BR

Marcelo
    I'm using mode 1 on T-Mobile UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillae View Post
    I'm using mode 1 on T-Mobile UK
    Unm, I still didn't managed to make it (data, 2g or 3g) work here with VIVO carrier after the update. Voice works fine (as well wifi). Everything was working fine before the update to 1.3 yesterday.

Oh hell : /
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Had a close shave just now.

Using the RSC with Orange.

Had to restart Pre due to changes to Orange tariff requiring a restart.

Restarted Pre. Asked for unlock code from my network

Took RSC and SIM out, inserted into another phone.

Removed 'network keys' and changed mode to 3. Then back to mode 1.

Inserted both back in to Pre, booted up.

Happy days.

(...phew).

EDIT: Upgraded to 1.3.1 earlier in the afternoon.
    Thanks for the tip c_man

I tried everything already. placed the RSC + sim in a nokia, connected to 2G, 3G, opened a web site - changed mode to 3, back to 1, back to pre - nothing

Then tried connecting to other networks (now on the Nokia) - changed mode - back to pre - nothing.

Still no Data : /

Is there a way to use webDoctor to bring the palm back to 1.2?

BR

Marcelo
    So,

Even not believing that there are so many other Brazilian users of the PRE, here is what I did to solve it :

- Tried everything people said here in the forum (maybe you really need to do so )

- Got the list of carrier settings ( you can search ) carrier configurations excel

- Manually configured the data settings

- Used mms as internet access point also.

Bingo! it works again

BR

Marcelo
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Had a close shave just now.

Using the RSC with Orange.

Had to restart Pre due to changes to Orange tariff requiring a restart.

Restarted Pre. Asked for unlock code from my network

Took RSC and SIM out, inserted into another phone.

Removed 'network keys' and changed mode to 3. Then back to mode 1.

Inserted both back in to Pre, booted up.

Happy days.

(...phew).

EDIT: Upgraded to 1.3.1 earlier in the afternoon.
    Has anyone else using RSC seen a similar issue:

RSC working fine., as per normal.
    SMS from network comes in.
    RSC stops working:
    ..firstly by showing the 'R' symbol
    ..secondly by asking for an unlock code if Pre is restarted.

Its just happened to me at work which means I am now without a phone until approx 1930 when I get home.

Thats all providing that it was the network text that caused the issue. I posted a similar case, quoted above.

Anyone else??
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Has anyone else using RSC seen a similar issue:

RSC working fine., as per normal.
    SMS from network comes in.
    RSC stops working:
    ..firstly by showing the 'R' symbol
    ..secondly by asking for an unlock code if Pre is restarted.

Its just happened to me at work which means I am now without a phone until approx 1930 when I get home.

Thats all providing that it was the network text that caused the issue. I posted a similar case, quoted above.

Anyone else??
    Just tried inserting my RSC and Orange card into my colleague's LG phone. Phone booted up but immediately we got "USIM LOCKED - Emergency calls only". Not a great sign. Very frustrating.
    I just "unlocked" my Pre using RSC. I got my Greek Vodafone pay as you go card to work with it. I am getting the R symbol, so I guess I am roaming.

Looking at the contacts I almost had a heart attack. 100s of Scandinavian looking names, some with numbers and some with out had appeared out of nowhere.

They are definately not entries on my Greek sim card, nor my O2 sim card nor on the phone or from a synergy account.

Shortly after I removed the Greek Voda and put back my UK O2 card and all "weird" names/numbers are gone.

Now does anyone know if the RBS can store numbers? Could I have one that was used before? Anyone else experienced this?

I am happy to post some screen shots or a video to prove this...

Thanks for any help in advance
    Vas
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I don't see how it would be able to store numbers internally. I got my rebel sim in the post this morning and it's working really well on Voda UK using mode 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
    I don't see how it would be able to store numbers internally. I got my rebel sim in the post this morning and it's working really well on Voda UK using mode 1.
    I got mine working on Voda with mode 1 in the end.

However if I have time tonight I will film my experiment and then put it on youtube or something and let you guys have a look. This is really bizarre....I just can't explain it...
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I got mine working on Voda with mode 1 in the end.

However if I have time tonight I will film my experiment and then put it on youtube or something and let you guys have a look. This is really bizarre....I just can't explain it...
    Now I feel like a REAL fool
    I started recording the issue with the random names to my camera. And guess what? It didn't happen again !!! All contacts show up fine !!! I just don't get it..

Anyway just to confirm in case anyone from Greece is reading. Rebel Sim Card does "unlock" the phone with a Greek Vodafone card in mode 1 !!!

Vas
    I got my UK pre yesterday and I use RSC, it's fine. When I update to 1.31. everything is OK. I try voice, data(2G, I am in China and use chinamobile), but don't have chance to try 3G.
    My Rebel SIM is loosing connection now a few times per day up from a few times per week previously.

It says Check SIM-SOS Only. When I reboot the phone it comes back OK until the next time.

Rebel tech support don't know why this is happening...I suspect the SIM itself but they don't think so. I ordered another SIM in any case to see.

Anyone else having this problem?

Gx
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Gx, just out of interets really, did you fix your issue ^ mate?

I noticed that whilst using WebOS Quick Install with my Pre, the Pre needs to reboot frequently (perfectly fine) and whilst it does, it takes a while (sometimes up to 20sec) to lock back on to my network. Until then it sometimes says "Check SIM-SOS Only".
    Gx, just out of interets really, did you fix your issue ^ mate?

I noticed that whilst using WebOS Quick Install with my Pre, the Pre needs to reboot frequently (perfectly fine) and whilst it does, it takes a while (sometimes up to 20sec) to lock back on to my network. Until then it sometimes says "Check SIM-SOS Only".
    Still waiting on the new SIM from Rebel. I ordered a programmer also in case they decide to upgrade the Rebel software

I've never had the issues you mentioned...When my phone boots it always immediately locks to the carrier no problem. Its interesting that the Pre/Rebel has such different behaviours with different carriers....the networks obviously implement the GSM protocols with some minor differences.

Rebel tech support asked me to go on 2G only for a time to see if the 'Check SIM-SOS Only' problem occurs so I'm testing that now.

Gx