Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Link: Sprint Palm Pre Activation Inside Sprint Now

For GSM Pre, go from the language confirmation section, don't need to worry about anything before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    Link: Sprint Palm Pre Activation Inside Sprint Now

For GSM Pre, go from the language confirmation section, don't need to worry about anything before that.
    okay, what do I next - after the language confirmation - follow the steps with my NOT O2 sim card? (It's a Belgian Mobistar simcard) and will it work?

if it doesn't work, what are the other options to get it working with the belgian mobistar simcard? or should i buy a rebel sim even before I try with my sim card?!

thx in advance!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    How many of you have used the REBEL SIM card and cut the SIM yourself?

I am not sure whether I should order the cutter (hole puncher?!) as well.

Anyone who did the cutting manually, how? any tips? methods?
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    How many of you have used the REBEL SIM card and cut the SIM yourself?

I am not sure whether I should order the cutter (hole puncher?!) as well.

Anyone who did the cutting manually, how? any tips? methods?
    It's just a paper punch thats delivered with the Rebel...it doesnt align the SIM or anything...any paper punch will do.

Gx
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    It's just a paper punch thats delivered with the Rebel...it doesnt align the SIM or anything...any paper punch will do.

Gx
    Thanks buddy, good to know its not a specially designed aligning tool or something like that.

I should have a spare SIM lying around to give my hole punching skills a test run.
    Is anyone having any issues with rebel sim tonight? My phone seems to be stuck without any signal for the last few hours.

At least it has given me something to do to not have to watch xfactor.

Paul
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    ^ Seriously??? I've just ordered a Pre this very evening - please do not let this be the day the REBEL solution packs up...

...Any news Paul?

One a side note, will the WebOS updates (i.e. to the forthcoming v1.3 release) be restricted by using REBEL SIM card? Or can we still get them?
    I don't think anyone can answer ur question until the update of 1.3 actually here for gsm pre but I'm myself is wondering about the answer
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    One a side note, will the WebOS updates (i.e. to the forthcoming v1.3 release) be restricted by using REBEL SIM card? Or can we still get them?
    Quote Originally Posted by gguile View Post
    I don't think anyone can answer ur question until the update of 1.3 actually here for gsm pre but I'm myself is wondering about the answer
    Well, there has already been an over-the-air WebOS update: from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. I guess if this worked without any big issues with the REBEL SIM card, , then 1.1.3 to 1.3 shouldn't be a problem, right?

Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    Is anyone having any issues with rebel sim tonight? My phone seems to be stuck without any signal for the last few hours.

At least it has given me something to do to not have to watch xfactor.

Paul
    Any news Paul? keeping fingers crossed...
    Anyone else hitting issues?
    I've run the Bell Mobility update on my locked UK O2 pre and the rebel is still working fine.
    I already had 1.2.1 on there, and the auto-updater just did its thing with no worries.
    I did have to change the rebels to mode 10 to get the 3G data working properly.
    But other than that, it was smooth sailing.
  11.    #231  
    I have had no issues with the rebel sim this weekend, Paul. In fact i was talking on the Pre for over an hour while you were having your drama...
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    ...phew! Good to know the issue wasn't across the board.

In any case, Paul, please post back with the issue and resolution once you get yours back in good health!

We should somehow build some sort of trouble shooting guide for REBEL SIM users, i.e. what to do when issue A arises, what to do when issue B arises, etc.. I thought Pauls blog would've been a good place but that seems down..
    ^ Seriously??? I've just ordered a Pre this very evening - please do not let this be the day the REBEL solution packs up...

...Any news Paul?

I manually updated to 1.2.1 (Sprint) and couldnt get the phone to lose the 'Phone Offline' Message. Flashed back to 1.1.3 and all was ok - until this issue.

Well, there has already been an over-the-air WebOS update: from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. I guess if this worked without any big issues with the REBEL SIM card, , then 1.1.3 to 1.3 shouldn't be a problem, right?

Any news Paul? keeping fingers crossed...
    Anyone else hitting issues?
    ...phew! Good to know the issue wasn't across the board.

In any case, Paul, please post back with the issue and resolution once you get yours back in good health!

We should somehow build some sort of trouble shooting guide for REBEL SIM users, i.e. what to do when issue A arises, what to do when issue B arises, etc.. I thought Pauls blog would've been a good place but that seems down..
    It seems to be an issue with the RSC. Putting it into my T-Mobile Blackberry with my T-Mobile sim it shows as an invalid sim. Putting the sim in without the RSC and all is well. I get no RSC menu or anything. Seems like the RSC has given up working. This makes me question the durability of the RSC. 3 and a half weeks of it working almost perfectly. I will have a chat with the RSC guys tomorrow and see what they think. It may be that the RSC is a good temporary solution until a sim unlock code is available.

I recently moved the server that my blog was on and did not realise it was down. Will get it up and running again and we can use that.

Cheers for the heads up - watch this space.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Bloody hell, that sucks!
    3 weeks of usage and the REBEL SIM card packs in. That works out to 5 a week for a max of 3 weeks. I bought a Pre yesterday and purchased a REBEL SIM card this very evening, so it's a big kick in the teeth...

I've also been reading around (including a post on MSE forum) - there are suggestions that Rebel Simcard Unlock Phones without Cables and Software and No Loss of Warranty themselves aren't too forthcoming when it comes to issue resolution and/or refunding. Then again, they know you better than others, so fingers crossed.

If I had known about this potentially 3 week lifespan I certainly wouldn't have splashed out hundreds... - and I guess there is no other use on this forum who has been using it longer than you Paul!
    Others - how long have you been using RSC??

FYI - I first noticed your blog/server down as of yesterday, no idea how long before that it was unavailable.
    Bloody hell, that sucks!
    3 weeks of usage and the REBEL SIM card packs in. That works out to 5 a week for a max of 3 weeks. I bought a Pre yesterday and purchased a REBEL SIM card this very evening, so it's a big kick in the teeth...

I've also been reading around (including a post on MSE forum) - there are suggestions that Rebel Simcard Unlock Phones without Cables and Software and No Loss of Warranty themselves aren't too forthcoming when it comes to issue resolution and/or refunding. Then again, they know you better than others, so fingers crossed.

If I had known about this potentially 3 week lifespan I certainly wouldn't have splashed out hundreds... - and I guess there is no other use on this forum who has been using it longer than you Paul!
    Others - how long have you been using RSC??

FYI - I first noticed your blog/server down as of yesterday, no idea how long before that it was unavailable.
    They have always been pretty helpful with me, but I have seen someone saying they were not too helpful. I guess it depends on what you are asking and how you ask maybe?

I agree though. If it is a 3 week fix I can live with it for a few months by which time a software unlock solution will *hopefully* be available. I was told on Friday of the week before last that an unlock code was due last Monday. It seemed that this code would not work with any Pre's updated from 1.1.2 (including mine). I was told last week that another code should be available tomorrow so I will let you all know how that goes when I am in the office in the morning.

My server was moved over last weekend and my traffic seemed to have dropped off since then. It has also affected some client blogs too which is somewhat annoying. Support ticket raised!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    They have always been pretty helpful with me, but I have seen someone saying they were not too helpful. I guess it depends on what you are asking and how you ask maybe?
    Yep, true.
    It's nice to know they're not total cowboys. I have no idea how long they've been around though (or intend to stick around).
    Good luck tomorrow - it would be a real shame if they knew of this 3 week lifespan yet don't publicise it... hopefully it's not the worst case scenario... though from the sounds of it your RSC is well and truly dead ???

I agree though. If it is a 3 week fix I can live with it for a few months by which time a software unlock solution will *hopefully* be available. I was told on Friday of the week before last that an unlock code was due last Monday. It seemed that this code would not work with any Pre's updated from 1.1.2 (including mine). I was told last week that another code should be available tomorrow so I will let you all know how that goes when I am in the office in the morning.
    Personally I think theyre all false hopes. We never have an actual source [e.g. http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...l#post2036828], an actual entity who may be able to unlock the phones. Its always a friend's friend who's uncle heard that a chap down the market has a half brother who MAY know how to unlock the Pre..

[OT]
    My server was moved over last weekend and my traffic seemed to have dropped off since then. It has also affected some client blogs too which is somewhat annoying. Support ticket raised!
    Support ticket... or compensation
    [/OT]
    Personally I think theyre all false hopes. We never have an actual source [e.g. http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...l#post2036828], an actual entity who may be able to unlock the phones. Its always a friend's friend who's uncle heard that a chap down the market has a half brother who MAY know how to unlock the Pre..
    I was recommended this shop by the O2 shop in Bank - the guy has used them to unlock all his iPhones.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I was recommended this shop by the O2 shop in Bank - the guy has used them to unlock all his iPhones.
    Ok, sounds promising - though I presume you mean 'Bank' as in somewhere local to you as opposed to Bank [Bank Tube Station area], Central London...

Any news on your RSC? Out of interest, had it been out of your Pre recently? I know its a long shot but I've read that they're really flimsy...
    Ok, sounds promising - though I presume you mean 'Bank' as in somewhere local to you as opposed to Bank [Bank Tube Station area], Central London...

Any news on your RSC? Out of interest, had it been out of your Pre recently? I know its a long shot but I've read that they're really flimsy...
    Yes, Central London Bank (got some clients around there so went there just before the Pre was released).

RSC appears to be completely dead. It is fairly flimsy and I have been known to tinker...
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Yes, Central London Bank (got some clients around there so went there just before the Pre was released).

RSC appears to be completely dead. It is fairly flimsy and I have been known to tinker...
    Nice - a promising post on two fronts:

- you meant Bank, C.London; I'm only at Temple so am even more interested in this guy/shop you refer to. If you see him/ speak to them, let them know they'll have another customer who is just a few tube stops away

- You've been known to tinker. Thus many of us who don't tinker at all may still have hope for a longer lifespan for the RSC. Still quite worrying how its just failed on you - I guess it was inside the Pre when one min it was working and the next it wasn't, i.e. it wasn't subject to any physical damage/touch/exposure/etc.

Thanks for the responses, look forward to hearing what REBEL have to say to you tomorrow and also if you have any news from the shop by O2 in Bank. Thanks again

EDIT: If you need any assistance on giving the shop at Bank a kick up the ar5e let me know, I may be able to visit during a lunch break..
    Last edited by c_man; 11/15/2009 at 06:30 PM.