Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Received my o2 UK Pre and Rebelsim this morning.
    Everything working ok so far and even managed to setup my palm account via my T-Mobile simcard so no o2 sim needed at all.
    hey people

i got my rebelsim today choped a few holes in the sim(slightly off with the first one)
    popped my 3mobile chip in and it all worked great data mms everything
    one problem at the top of the phone next to the 3g symbol there is a white phone symbol with an arrow pointing right anyone know what this is?
    i read somewhere it might be sending data anyone know what it could be because my battery seems to be draining quick

thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    Just wanted to put it out there. I have a UK Pre with a RebelSIM for sale. I am using mine with a T-Mobile SIM in the US and it's going well, but happen to have another also. Thought I would mention it here before going to eBay. If you're interested, PM me? Thanks!

SOLD!
    Thanks everyone! Get your hands on one of these. I'm really starting to love using mine. :-)
    Last edited by allyn274; 11/05/2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: the Pre is sold
    Quote Originally Posted by showzeki View Post
    hey people

i got my rebelsim today choped a few holes in the sim(slightly off with the first one)
    popped my 3mobile chip in and it all worked great data mms everything
    one problem at the top of the phone next to the 3g symbol there is a white phone symbol with an arrow pointing right anyone know what this is?
    i read somewhere it might be sending data anyone know what it could be because my battery seems to be draining quick

thanks in advance
    I believe the symbol is 'call forwarding'. go to preferences (when dialer is up) and you can disable it there
    i worked that out like 2 mins after i posted lol
    i have another problem now i can receve picture messages but when i send them they fail
    any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by showzeki View Post
    i worked that out like 2 mins after i posted lol
    i have another problem now i can receve picture messages but when i send them they fail
    any ideas?
    I also have this problem. I have pulled the carrier settings db from the Pre and am planning a lengthy call to T-Mobile support to confirm all the settings in there are correct.
    Anyone care to show me how to adjust carrier setting db from a scrath. Maybe a new thread would be great. I am a noob to palm pre and linux. A step by step would very much appreciated.

I have an irish palm pre but want to use meteor sim in it. At the moment I only can use voice and sms with rebel II sim and R icon is showing on the top of reception bar.

Can anyone explain how to clear the network key to be used with rebel sim II. Thanks a mill.
    All,

Some extra info for Rebel users. From previous posts on this thread you may have read that if I toggle Airplane mode on my pre when using the Rebel SIM, then I have to reboot the phone to get data working again on Meteor IRL network.

Today I got a new Meteor SIM and tried it with the Rebel..it works flawlessly.

The previous Meteor SIM was a couple of years old and I suspect that I needed an updated version to have it work properly with the Rebel.

So its worth trying a brand new SIM if you're having problems similar to those I encountered.

Gx
    Yes, I am beginning to suspect this to be my problem too. I get only 2G/Edge and MMS but no 3G with my SIM. I made one interesting find today, though. I put my Telia SIM (without the Rebel) in my son's SE W595 and even though it showed better reception than the Pre, there was only the Edge symbol showing on that phone as well.

So I am definitely going to try a newer SIM and see if that works!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    Yes, I am beginning to suspect this to be my problem too. I get only 2G/Edge and MMS but no 3G with my SIM. I made one interesting find today, though. I put my Telia SIM (without the Rebel) in my son's SE W595 and even though it showed better reception than the Pre, there was only the Edge symbol showing on that phone as well.

So I am definitely going to try a newer SIM and see if that works!
    Yup, turned out to be the SIM. Exchanged it and I now have 3G working. However, now the phone displays the "R" for roaming and a double "Telia Telia" in the top bar. Oops, after switching between different modes on my Rebel SIM and back to the one that worked, I now get only 2G and Edge again. Roaming symbol is gone. Could the Rebel SIM be doing some strange thing to the network SIM that somehow ruins its 3G capabilities?

Update: I entered network settings and turned off Network Auto-Select and then chose "Telia" instead of "Telia SE". 3G with roaming is now back.
    Last edited by tomoqv; 11/10/2009 at 06:30 AM.
    Hi all, I think I recall reading this but cant seem to locate so...

Is the UK Palm Pre sold outright from O2? and If so how much is it?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post

Thanks in advance
    Sold on Pay as You Go at a price point of 419 euros from O2 Ireland (look here). The handset is locked to O2 but you can get around that through IMEI unlock (which you'd want to find a way to get done before you get it shipped to Oz) or by using a Rebel SIM. You can find out more about those in their respective threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post

Thanks in advance
    The UK Pre is being sold by Phones4U if you ask nicely for 489.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Are people still seeing success with the REBEL SIIM solution?
    I presume it hasn't gone horribly wrong for any of you out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Are people still seeing success with the REBEL SIIM solution?
    I presume it hasn't gone horribly wrong for any of you out there?
    Has been working fine for me on Vodafone UK for nearly two weeks, without a single problem. Voice, data, MMS all fine.

Richie
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richiem View Post
    Has been working fine for me on Vodafone UK for nearly two weeks, without a single problem. Voice, data, MMS all fine.

Richie
    Thanks for the quick reply Richie! I'm probably going to go for a Pre off eBay and just want to make sure it won't be a waste. I'd be hoping to use my Orange UK SIM card with it.

[OT]The other thing I fear is the Pre developing a fault and me not being able to return it to O2. [/OT]

So it looks like 3 weeks of success so far (though it seems A LOT longer than 3 weeks as to when the first REBEL SIM was found to work, i.e. via Paul).
    I can confirm the Rebel SIM II works great on a Vodafone CZ including data and MMS. No tweaking necessary, just plug&play.
    Are people using RebelSIM activating their Pre's through an O2 Pay As You Go SIM? I'm trying to do that now and am receiving a 'Profile Creation Error', the phone does not connect to a network even though it can make calls etc.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    Are people using RebelSIM activating their Pre's through an O2 Pay As You Go SIM? I'm trying to do that now and am receiving a 'Profile Creation Error', the phone does not connect to a network even though it can make calls etc.
    Some people haven't had to use an O2 SIM at all??
    However, I think I read somewhere on here that a PAYG O2 SIM won't work but a contract one (that is 3G enabled) will work.

I'm not sure under which circumstances an O2 SIM is required or not though.
    can you find a document with all the steps you need to do about the activition of a palm profile?!
    I want to know before I'll try - including the Rebel sim plz...

thx in advance!
    btw, a link is also nice! ;o)
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast