1.    #1  
    My wife signed up for a Pre on Friday from the O2 Store in Bristol. When she makes or receives calls on it, GSM interference is clearly audible through the earpeice.

Anyone else having this issue? Check it and let me know!
    No issues here.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Can't say I noticed that but I have had to disconnect my clock radio as the interference through the speaker was terrible (with the radio part turned off). This was with the Pre several metres away and was happenning every few minutes as the GSM 'checked in'.

I've never had it that bad with any phone before but this is also the first 3G phone I've had and there is no 3G signal at home so I suppose the Pre is trying to establish 3G all the time.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennisbest View Post
    My wife signed up for a Pre on Friday from the O2 Store in Bristol. When she makes or receives calls on it, GSM interference is clearly audible through the earpeice.

Anyone else having this issue? Check it and let me know!
    Yes, same issue here - experienced the problem while on a train last week. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Having the same issue but only occurs for the first few seconds of a call, is this happening to all Pre's? Note this won't happen in 3G area as 3G does not interfere with speakers. Could people try setting their Pre to 2g only and trying to make a call?
    come check out my site @ http:www.willdeasy.com
    I don't get interference, but I do occasionally find I lose o2's signal more frequently than my iphone (using same o2 sim card).
    yer i get the same, quite annoying, doesn't seem to affect it when on speaker phone though
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by center15 View Post
    Having the same issue but only occurs for the first few seconds of a call, is this happening to all Pre's? Note this won't happen in 3G area as 3G does not interfere with speakers. Could people try setting their Pre to 2g only and trying to make a call?
    Will try that, I know with GRPS ('G' or 'E' on the network indicator) my iPhone causes terrible interference with any kind of unshielded equipment, but never with it's own internal speaker.

The Pre should and does create similar interference. I'm hoping that this isn't going to continue to occur through it's own internal speakers when there is no 3G.

We got a replacement last night and it didn't seem to have the same issue, but I didn't test it properly by turning 3G off. Will do this and then update you. She was too busy on facebook!
  9.    #9  
    New phone solved the issue, even with GPRS
    what does GSM stand for sorry to hijack thread!
    UK PRE USER