1.    #1  
    I have a Treo Pro and when I am using wi-fi, if I turn the Treo Pro off, wi-fi is off when I turn it back on.

My girlfriend just got a Pre and I notice that if she has wi-fi on, it is still on when you turn the Pre off and then back on.

My question is; Is the wifi actually on and draining the battery when the Pre is turned off?
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    My question is; Is the wifi actually on and draining the battery when the Pre is turned off?
    Nope. When the phone is asleep so is the WiFi.
    So with WiFi on you get WiFi for data over EvDo. when the phone sleeps or is off, the WiFi disconnects and EvDo is reenabled. ASAP as you press the power button or keyboard slide to turn the pre screen on again, the WiFi automatically will reconnect to the closest network available.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    So with WiFi on you get WiFi for data over EvDo. when the phone sleeps or is off, the WiFi disconnects and EvDo is reenabled. ASAP as you press the power button or keyboard slide to turn the pre screen on again, the WiFi automatically will reconnect to the closest network available.
    That seems like a better way to do it than the way the Treo Pro does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    That seems like a better way to do it than the way the Treo Pro does it.
    YEP, now I just wish that you could use data and talk at the same time, now that would be awesome.

I mean think of it...talk using the cell tower, then with WiFi on use data, shouldnt be that hard to implement being that Sprint isnt controlling both at that time. I understand the CDMA thing not doing both, but shouldnt make a difference if you have WiFi on...anyone find a way around this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    YEP, now I just wish that you could use data and talk at the same time, now that would be awesome.

I mean think of it...talk using the cell tower, then with WiFi on use data, shouldnt be that hard to implement being that Sprint isnt controlling both at that time. I understand the CDMA thing not doing both, but shouldnt make a difference if you have WiFi on...anyone find a way around this yet?
    Uh you can do this....if you have a WIFI connection on, you can make a call, then go back and do anything on the WIFI connection while on the call.

I do this at home all the time.