1.    #1  
    How can I send an empty sms msg? I think maybe this needs to be a patch. At the moment you need to type a few letters to be able to send an sms. I even tried with a space but that won't send either.

Why do I need to send an empty message? In order to get your balance from O2 you need to txt 21202. Ok that work with anything you type, but there may be a similar service where your message has to be blank.

Is there a patch or a way to do this?

Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    How can I send an empty sms msg? I think maybe this needs to be a patch. At the moment you need to type a few letters to be able to send an sms. I even tried with a space but that won't send either.

Why do I need to send an empty message? In order to get your balance from O2 you need to txt 21202. Ok that work with anything you type, but there may be a similar service where your message has to be blank.

Is there a patch or a way to do this?

Thanks
    Vas
    I noticed this also when checking my balance. I had to type in a fullstop (.) this seemed to work but as you say other services may require an actual blank message. Maybe it should come up with a confirmation asking "are you sure you want to send a blank message" or something to that effect.
    I am also struggling to send a blank text any ideas?
    Another workaround for balance checking - an underscore works. Probably anything works for that, it just has to be a text.

I think it is a definite software limitation, whoever designed the messaging app (attach button where send is) never thought of sending blank texts

possible workaround - get someone to send you a blank text and then forward it