1.    #1  
    Palm is out of the PIM business, the built in apps are lacking!

Palm is INTO the data mining business, dropping hotsync and forcing everyone into the cloud means that Palm can profit (even more) from what it knows about you.

Palm now expects the homebrew community to patch up the halfassed built in apps, if Palm cared shouldn't they have upgraded the PIM apps by now?

I wonder what kind of monetary deal Google and Palm have, since Google gets strain your data through their servers.

Prior to Pre the devices from Palm worked well at PIM, Palm had slick software that kept our data at our finger tips.

Now Palm PIM sucks and your data is out of your hands and your phone is used to track your behavior.

I like the old Palm better, at least the calendar worked.

I would like a patch that turns off Data Collection.
    I think that's the first time I've ever heard anyone call Palm Desktop "slick software."
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyslave View Post
    Palm is out of the PIM business, the built in apps are lacking!

Palm is INTO the data mining business, dropping hotsync and forcing everyone into the cloud means that Palm can profit (even more) from what it knows about you.

Palm now expects the homebrew community to patch up the halfassed built in apps, if Palm cared shouldn't they have upgraded the PIM apps by now?

I wonder what kind of monetary deal Google and Palm have, since Google gets strain your data through their servers.

Prior to Pre the devices from Palm worked well at PIM, Palm had slick software that kept our data at our finger tips.

Now Palm PIM sucks and your data is out of your hands and your phone is used to track your behavior.

I like the old Palm better, at least the calendar worked.

I would like a patch that turns off Data Collection.
    Buy another phone? If you don't like the set-up why did you buy the phone?
    Snore...................................
    to the OP....you are 100% correct, I never signed up for this or bought this phone for this BS...but having a hard time finding a good replacement, Samsung Moment looks promising....