Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love the pre and the screen is SO BEAUTIFUL and sharp the camera is amazing...Iv seen the invisible shield even bought one but dang that makes the screen feel so tight and slow...its way too thick...i saw another after market one looked like crap didnt hug the whole top lol but at the same time I dont want to scratch the screen I just use the sleeve that came with it...

was curious how most of you analyticals like myself have it lol I was thinking of the palm case it looks sweet but eh i dunno
    After extensively researching others' opinions, I bought a set of Phantom Skins (not Invisible Shields as originally posted) but haven't applied one yet. I carefully snipped off the top tab of the original screen protector that was on the Pre when I got it and it's not even close to coming loose. Screen response is unaffected. The IS shields are said to be the thinnest and have no "orange peel" texture.

Not a fan of snap-on cases; since so many complain of the "Oreo effect" and the added bulk. Bought one for my Rumor and took it off as soon as I put it on. Hated it.

Many believe belt-clips and holsters are the new pocket-protector and scream "dork" but I prefer them over the pocket method. If I do put the Pre in a jacket pocket, I use the sleeve.

I have the Seidio (face inward) belt clip holster and it's effective but I prefer the horizontal lambskin OEM holster (pictured). I tried several and for me, it 's the best. The only downside is you can't access the headphone jack but I use BT so no biggie.

Last edited by scottitude; 10/21/2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Product correction
    well I use phantom skins they are the best imo I had the invisi shield but its way to hard to put on without some orange peel the PS was way easier for me and much better looking as well, with it I have the seidio inno case on my phone which is way kool because yesturday I dropped my phone from like six feet actually I kind of slung it but it landed on some rocky pavement and the case saved my pre big time. If I had not had the case on my phone I would be paying 1 hundred dollars right now for another one for sure. And all that happened to the case is one tab broke off the front face so I'm quite happy that this 30 case saved me a hundred . Anyways have a great day. Oh and the phantom skin does not hinder your touch sensitivity on the screen in any way whatsoever .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Oops... checked the package and I got Phantom Skins, not Invisible Shields. Shadavis08 is correct; PS are the ones with better tactile response and no "orange peel" feel. My bad.
    No screen protector although I also bought 3 IS screen protectors when they became available, just never used them...I've just used the pouch since June 6.
    I have been using the BestSkinsEver, full kit (front & back) and I also had from the start (June 6th 09) the Palm Leather Side Case. For me they have been great, and saved me from some ugly scratches and even a 4 1/2 feet drop to concrete!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    No screen protector although I also bought 3 IS screen protectors when they became available, just never used them...I've just used the pouch since June 6.
    trust me you,ll hate urself when you get a scratch on your screen lol !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just use BodyGuardz frot screen protector with the sprint hard shell case! Both work VERY well together! Protects all of the phone for me!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just use the front screen protector (BodyGuardz I think) and it works awesome. I dropped the phone on my gravel driveway the other day, had a heart attack, then picked it up to see no damage at all. It won't protect agaist cracks but you'll never have to worry aboutscratching the surface. If you don't want to put it on yourself go to Best Buy and have them do it for you. If you don't like how they did it, make 'em do it again. The cases are nice but I like the form of the Pre, and the clear wraps are the only thing I've seen that protects the phone AND preserves the form.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I use the Wrapsol screen protector (front only) and the Touchstone battery cover. I do not own a Touchstone, I just like how the Touchstone cover is "grippy" and matte black.
    I have a Seidio screen protector, it's damned near invisible, and reusable, it's been on 2 Pre's thus far. I had a hard case on my BB Pearl, never again. Those things just trap dirt, invite scratching, and make the phone way too bulky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Hope Im not jinxing myself...but I am really careful..sits on my desk @ work and safely in its pouch when Im moving around
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I have a Seidio screen protector, it's damned near invisible, and reusable, it's been on 2 Pre's thus far. I had a hard case on my BB Pearl, never again. Those things just trap dirt, invite scratching, and make the phone way too bulky.
    I agree with you. I had a hard cover on my Pre for about a month. I absolutely hated the way it made it look. So I eventually removed it, and noticed a lot of dirt had worked its way inside the case and left some minor scratches from being rubbed on the phone.

I just threw it away and put a clear shield on the front. I'm not sure what brand, but it works great. I havent experienced any orange-peel. It was a cheapy one off ebay.
    phantom skin with Seido Innocase makes the phone feel morre stable and the screen even feels better than just being naked...highly recommend both. Bought case on Amazon for cheaper price than all web sites.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Innocase and Boxwave screen protector.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    I'm probably going to give in at some point and order a set of PhantomSkinz for my Pre, but for the time being I'm using the Piel Frama case for the office, and going naked on the weekend. So far this is working out just fine -- no scratches on the Pre that I can see.

As an aside, the Piel Frama is a great case, though it does add considerable bulk. I find that it provides a nice, professional look, and the belt clip (which is removable), makes for easy access. It also has all the requisite cutouts for the headphones, power cord, camera, speaker, and volume keys.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    Phantomskinz is the best...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Naked Pre is the best.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the rocket fish case protects the screen when not in use if you put it face down in the holster.

i've had my phone since early July and the screen still looks brand new if you wipe it with one of those dust free cloths.
    I got my protective skin from Bestskinever.com. I feels like there is no proctection plus the skin itself has a bit of grip which helps me to get a good handle of my pre. I don't use carrying case or holster. Simply slide the pre into my pocket. The screen still works fine as if there is no protective skin. One VERY minor downside - installation is hard. Need to pay a careful attention to the install instruction. Good luck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast