Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Is there any way to delete contacts from the SIM with the Pre?
    come check out my site @ http:www.willdeasy.com
    I couldn't find one. I had to put the SIM back in my E75 and delete them from there.
    same here i couldnt find a way....
    From what i can gather you can only delete parts of profiles, or full profiles, that you create on the phone itself. Ones created at other sources i.e. FB, Gmail or another phone, have to be deleted at source.

If, like me, you had double entries because some people used a different version (full, shortened etc) of their name, then you can link the entries into one profile. But then im sure you were already aware of this.
    Very strange.
    I have the same problem. I decided to go only through Gmail contacts, so i put the sim back in the nokia. Deleted all sim contacts, putted the sim back in pre but Sim contacts are still there!!!
    Also after choosing the record you want to delete, then popping up the menu and choosing delete contact and then delete profile nothing seems to happen...
    sound crazy to me but I need to work it out somehow beacause I hate to see all those duplicated names....
    I believe that the adding/deleting of contacts from the SIM is coming in the next WebOS update.
    Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly.

I noticed that in my contacts I was getting linked profiles for those people who were both in my Outlook contacts and who had their number on my sim card.

I went through these and deleted the sim entries by editing the contact and then swiping to delete the sim entry.

Whether this actually removes it physically from the sim or not I can't say, but it certainly removes it from the contacts on my Pre.

Having looked at the SIM account under contact preferences it would appear that doing the above does indeed remove them from the sim.
    Last edited by paulpenny; 11/12/2009 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Update
    For deleting the sim contacts you need to acces to the contact "page" (i don't know if the this is the correct term, where you can see the photo of the contact and the diferent numbers or profiles) and tap on the top left menu bar and tap on delete contact.

I know this because I had another problem, i put another sim card to initialize my pre and "she " copied all the contacts of the sim card, then i put my sim card and the pre copied all my contacts, and when i need to delete the other sim card's contacts i can't without put the other sim, because the palm don't delete the contact of the internal memory, delete the contact of the sim card.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er0s View Post

I know this because I had another problem, i put another sim card to initialize my pre and "she " copied all the contacts of the sim card, then i put my sim card and the pre copied all my contacts, and when i need to delete the other sim card's contacts i can't without put the other sim, because the palm don't delete the contact of the internal memory, delete the contact of the sim card.
    I have exactly the same problem. So you deleted those extra SIM contacts one-by-one ? The sim card I used for initialization was full of contacts, I got 98 to delete manually

Thanks
    hi mates
    after I did what posted above (2 days ago) I popped in again the old sim in the pre (the one where i deleted manually all contacts directly from the old phone) and magically the Sim contacts were gone!
    putted again the new one and I can confirm sim contacts were erased
    do not tell me why because i actually can't understand
    good to go anyway...
    Last edited by mastahaze; 11/14/2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. So you deleted those extra SIM contacts one-by-one ? The sim card I used for initialization was full of contacts, I got 98 to delete manually

Thanks
    Yes kresom, I deleted all my father's contacts one-by-one. It was very boring
    But be careful because you'll delete the contacts of the SIM.
    P.D. sorry for being late