1.    #1  
    For the Love of God, please someone come up with a call blocking feature. This is one feature that I would pay 10-15 dollars for in a sec. (This is one of the few features I would pay for.)
    have you tried blocking from your sprint account online?
    There are four lights.
  3.    #3  
    No, I haven't. I want unknown calls blocked. I don't want them sent to voicemail either.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    You can't block calls from your sprint account online.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It would be somewhat surprising for a smartphone platform to allow developers to write software to intercept or manipulate phone calls or SMS in any way. One could imagine some sort of malware that intercepted phone calls or texts from phone companies while at the same time generating phone calls to 1-900 numbers or whatever.
    PalmOS already has a number of apps that do this. It's not up to the Smartphone people what you do w/ your phone calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    PalmOS already has a number of apps that do this. It's not up to the Smartphone people what you do w/ your phone calls.
    Winmo has this type of program as well.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedcallblock View Post
    For the Love of God, please someone come up with a call blocking feature. This is one feature that I would pay 10-15 dollars for in a sec. (This is one of the few features I would pay for.)

If you want it that bad just change your number!
    it would be cool to have bluff my call make an app for the pre
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ya you can block numbers from sprint but idk about blocked numbers
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I believe if you call Sprint Customer Service you can get this added to your phone. You can block SMS numbers online, but not voice. First try calling them as any app that did this would have to take action, use up resources, etc. It would be so much more efficient to just prevent them from ever reaching your phone.
    Its not the same, a call block app you have control when to turn it on or off for calls or sms. This would be a big help to people who can use it, I had it on all my Treo's even my 800w. MagiCall is the best call block for winmo phones something like that would be awesome.
    I have been emailin developers about this...call/text block app...they say they will look into it..dunno hw long lookin into it could take...but its comin soon...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Pay your bills or file bankruptcy :P problem solved
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    hope this helps people.. its a start...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ter-patch.html
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Will try it, thanks
  16. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    The problem is still the SDK is too restrictive. If someone were to write this, it would be using unsupported functionality not in the official SDK, which means it could never get in the App catalog. I hope WebOS 1.3 sees a 1.3 release of the SDK/API to give more functionality. Its great having all these services on the phone, but developers need more access/control.
    Ultimately Palm will be able to view the code when submitted to make sure it isn't doing anything untoward, so security is no excuse....
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It would be somewhat surprising for a smartphone platform to allow developers to write software to intercept or manipulate phone calls or SMS in any way. One could imagine some sort of malware that intercepted phone calls or texts from phone companies while at the same time generating phone calls to 1-900 numbers or whatever.
    I disagree completely. CallBlock worked wonderfully on my Centro. I've written to him, and his is not able to create a program due to his location. Somebody out there will do this, and get rich!

You can ONLY block text messages from your Sprint.com site! I've verified this before.
    There is a patch in Preware called Call Block/Rejecter which will block calls from anyone you list as Do Not Answer in your contacts.
    Ok, so why are you getting so many calls that you don't want to answer from Unknown numbers?

Anyway, if changing your number is an option you can use Google Voice to do what you want.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    patch works great, ive been using it since it came out for those pesky sales people who happen to have gotten ahold of my cell number.