Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Just wondering if there is an app that might server to map where I have traveled while mountain biking? Would be great if it make a little line along the path I've traveled, calculated milage, etc. I haven't seen anything like this for the pre yet.
    I would love an app like this as well. I had Run!GPS program on my old window mobile phone and it was AWESOME. It uploaded my paths onto my own personal page and allowd me to track progress.
    There is one in the App Store that will give you a GPX or something. Don't recall the name and Palm doesn't have it on the website....I will look it up for you...BRB

Edit: Check out JogStats in the App Store. Sounds like they will have GPX file export in the next update (perhaps soon? You could e-mail them).

...and I realize I haven't helped you at all. Shoot.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/20/2009 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdmpe View Post
    Just wondering if there is an app that might server to map where I have traveled while mountain biking? Would be great if it make a little line along the path I've traveled, calculated milage, etc. I haven't seen anything like this for the pre yet.
    Fittrack 0.7 in homebrew. Has gpx export now.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Fittrack 0.7 in homebrew. Has gpx export now.
    Was going to suggest the same thing. Last I read, they were having a challenge of not being able to email the GPX file if it has too many points. They may have solved the issue (but if not, you can just record and email multiple segments as you are biking. (I also think you should have less of a problem with this than runners (at least when going downhill!).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Both FitTrack (homebrew) and Work Out Tracker (app catalog and homebrew development version) are both excellent for this kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Was going to suggest the same thing. Last I read, they were having a challenge of not being able to email the GPX file if it has too many points. They may have solved the issue (but if not, you can just record and email multiple segments as you are biking. (I also think you should have less of a problem with this than runners (at least when going downhill!).
    I've just recently added this app and did my first run with it on Saturday. I can't verify if the GPX file issue still exists or not. My run was just 45 mins and the GPX file seemed to be put into email OK (at least there were no warnings). But I actually had a unrelated problem which caused me to not validate the 45 min GPX file... I seem to be having problems sending emails to myself (unless I send from one of my own accounts to a different one) So the GPX file I 'sent' on Sat never arrived. I'll follow up if I find there's an issue. I imagine the answer is probably also on the Homebrew forum for the app.
    IIRC, there is an app in the official catalog that allows you to store waypoints and tracks. You can then take that track and upload it to gpsvisualizer.com, which does an awesome job of plotting the track. For during the ride, not sure. Probably better to plan the trip first and then plot it.