Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    AGGHHH! Not only is signal strength horrible, up and down all over the place all the time, but I have 10+ mile areas WITH NO VOICE OR DATA, regardless of signal strength, regardless of EVDO lit up or not, EVERY DAY on my drive home from work! A reset seems to sometimes fix it (nothing like waiting for 2-3 mins for the phone to reboot)

Yes I have data roaming ON and voice set to AUTO ROAM, and I've tried it with them both off too. I had none of these problems with my any of my Treo's including my last-755P. THIS IS BS! COME ON SPRINT/PALM! GET WITH IT!

-and this is in a major area, including an open highway!

It's as if the Pre just "drops off the network" and can't find its way back.
    download the roam only patch that may help , but first update the network settings and prl this may help too . open phone dialer and swipe down from where it says sprint in top left and hit preferences and scroll to bottom
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Have you tried doing a network/prl update? It may help.
    -m
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Where I live my Pre falls out of EVDO a lot into roaming, and I've found that putting it briefly into Airplane Mode and back out again forces it to renegotiate with the cell tower and I get my EVDO back.

You might try that with your situation too?
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    -m
    I've had this work for me and it saved me restarting.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    can anybody tell me how to turn off my DATA- 3G/ on my Pre or it can't be turn off? I just want to use WIFI.
    <<< look left << Iphone PRE 3G, LOL'
    My phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Last edited by johnflo88; 10/20/2009 at 08:18 PM.
    you need to download quick system tasks app it has an data off button or download the patch for it . phone off patch or just put it in airplane mode i think that will do it to
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Wish I could help. but interesting post
    you arent in ipcs territory, are you?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    -m
    Thanks, yes I have done this a few times.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    you arent in ipcs territory, are you?
    IPCS? I travel through Collegeville,PA vicinity.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I've had this work for me and it saved me restarting.
    Quote Originally Posted by daveross View Post
    Thanks, yes I have done this a few times.
    I should also mention that often when in these "drop off zones" PRL Update just hangs and times out, it never goes through. Note that all of these problems I've mentioned including this, at almost all times, whether roaming or not and with 1-2 bars at least, so it's not as if I'm not receiving any signal.
    if that the case dave I would go to device info then scroll to bottom hit more info then swipe down from the top where it says preferences and do the quick test . Maybe you have a hardware issue
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    IPCS? I travel through Collegeville,PA vicinity.
    Well it does not look like you are in iPCS territory, so my theory is debunked. I only have the issue you are talking about in iPCS land.
    Well it does not look like you are in iPCS territory, so my theory is debunked. I only have the issue you are talking about in iPCS land.
    Which is now Sprint land, with the recent acquisition. Little off topic though, While I love Sprint's network in California, just looking at that Sprint Coverage Map makes me slightly cringe. So much roaming, meaning no EV-DO Here's to hoping for a huge rollout of 4G! About the phone issues though, my phones have had an issue like that at one point or another and I usually figured it was just because of something funny with the radio firmware. WebOS 1.2 made it better though, and 1.2.1 fixed it for me. I'm thinking it was those new carrier files that got pushed out with the updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Which is now Sprint land, with the recent acquisition. Little off topic though, While I love Sprint's network in California, just looking at that Sprint Coverage Map makes me slightly cringe. So much roaming, meaning no EV-DO Here's to hoping for a huge rollout of 4G! About the phone issues though, my phones have had an issue like that at one point or another and I usually figured it was just because of something funny with the radio firmware. WebOS 1.2 made it better though, and 1.2.1 fixed it for me. I'm thinking it was those new carrier files that got pushed out with the updates.
    Yeah, it is nice to see iPCS go, though we won't see any changes for at leat a year I bet. However, on the maps, if the roaming area is alltel, it could very well be EV.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    Where I live my Pre falls out of EVDO a lot into roaming, and I've found that putting it briefly into Airplane Mode and back out again forces it to renegotiate with the cell tower and I get my EVDO back.

You might try that with your situation too?
    Thanks for the thanks daveross! Hope that helped your situation.

The one downside I've noticed to this workaround is that I have to re-establish any bluetooth connections, so in my case what that means is interrupting current Pandora song to get the next one to load.

Ah, the joys of early adoption
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, does this really do as the name imply, keeping me off of Sprint's network completely, or just partially?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i have the issue and i am in ipcs land
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, does this really do as the name imply, keeping me off of Sprint's network completely, or just partially?
    completely