1.    #1  
    The one thing that the Pre did for me when I first saw it was engage the technophile part of my brain. I love technology, especially tech that very few people have.

So this brings me to an interesting place. There are some pretty cool phones coming out or out now from the major carriers. From the Hero and Moment, to the MyTouch3g and the Droid. Of course there is always the new Iphone model to come out every year.

As I have read about these phones, I have noticed a rather peculiar thing happen. I find myself saying, "meh" a lot. Now it's not that the newer phones aren't shiney; they are. It's just that I am finding that I am satisfied with the phone I have and the direction my phone is headed.

So I can say, for once, I am happy with my cell phone. Palm Pre 1, Technophilia 0.

So I say to those of you with wandering eyes, give Palm and by extension the Pre, a chance. You might turn out to be a satisfied customer in a monogomous relationship.
    It leaves me pretty satisfied as well. The last two phones I had, 700wx and touch pro, always just left me wanting more or with a annoyed feeling.
    For me I think the manner in which the phone is used feeds my gadget-geek side, especially when I show it off to others.

It's not the typical push this button then this one, etc. The mere act of throwing a card away is oddly "fun"
    A true technophiliac is never satisfied...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    A true technophiliac is never satisfied...
    Pre 2 will get me away from Pre 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Pre 2 will get me away from Pre 1.
    Precisely.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I have to wonder, and this is surely the most pressing question of all.

Why "meh"? I mean, why not "nah," or "nope, not for me" or even "thanks anyway, I believe I'll pass"...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I have to wonder, and this is surely the most pressing question of all.

Why "meh"? I mean, why not "nah," or "nope, not for me" or even "thanks anyway, I believe I'll pass"...
    Because each of those is a big fail. They're certainly not ftw, and they don't make me go w00t! They don't even have as much affect on me as the lolcats when they ask if they can haz cheezburger.
    Every time I let someone use my phone to call home I get complements on how cool my phone is. I sometimes show them a few more features and they amazed! When I showed it to an iFanboy friend of mine he got all defensive about it and tried to have a phone vs. phone nock down right there. If you feel you have to defend your phone, you are not TRUELY satisfied.
    My last phone was the HTC Diamond. I picked it up the other day and almost fainted at the belief that I was using it for as long as I did.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    This whole pre experience has been awesome for me!!...I cant stop loving this phone!
    This is my 1st smartphone and I did a lot of homework on the Internet because of the investment and the fact that I can be loyal to a fault so I didn't want to buy something then turn around 6 weeks later and wish I'd bought something else. I am very happy I made the decision to get the Pre! Does it need some tweeks...yes, absolutely and thanks to the Pre Community it's getting them way sooner than any other phone is getting them. For every minus there's 2 pluses and we're groundbreaking a new OS here, people! It has way too much upside to not want to see it thru. Will a Pre 2 get me away? Prolly, but only if it makes sense and I'm sure my wife or one of my kids will be happy to get my Pre as they've seen what it can do....I don't know about the rest of you but every time I let someone use this thing they are amazed! Hell, I'm still amazed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Because each of those is a big fail. They're certainly not ftw, and they don't make me go w00t! They don't even have as much affect on me as the lolcats when they ask if they can haz cheezburger.
    Ahhhh, now I understand. Thanks for the splanation.