1.    #1  
    yeah so my friend is calling me, my phone vibrates, i see its him, hit the green phone to talk, and the phone duration is present (i can see the seconds clicking off), and he can hear me, but I can't hear him

please tell me im a newb and it is easy to fix.

I'm confused... gonna try a reboot
    This just started happening to me too last week--with one added piece of joy: When I try to MAKE a call, I can't hear the other phone ringing (even though it apparently is). I tested it out with my work number--my work phone starts ringining, but to have the Pre up to my ear I'd have no idea that the call had connected, it's just dead air. A soft reset hasn't fixed it, so I'd love to hear anyone's suggestions.
    Probably the headphone mode problem. Many posts about this around here, here is one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hone-mode.html
  4. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I am wondering if this is a Sprint problem or a Palm Pre problem.

This happens to me around 10% of the calls I receive...and it getting tiresome. Answer phone, they can hear you, you can NOT hear them. Person calls back and then it works fine. I hardly ever use headphones so I don't see how that could be the issue.
    Holy crap, that worked! Haven't had headphones in my Pre since probably August, so no idea why it decided to happen now, but thanks all the same!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheatstraw View Post
    Holy crap, that worked! Haven't had headphones in my Pre since probably August, so no idea why it decided to happen now, but thanks all the same!
    Sometimes debris gets stuck in the jack and throws-off the pick-up that activates the headphone mode. Had it in your pocket lately?
    Only every day. /sheepish

This never happened through a couple of Treos, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it from now on. Thanks for the tips, all.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheatstraw View Post
    Only every day. /sheepish

This never happened through a couple of Treos, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it from now on. Thanks for the tips, all.
    I've have it happen on my Treo 700 frequently. Happened two or three times on my Pre....in pocket all day.